How bad...

werdumau5***

So.Much.****
Reaction score
Would fighter treatment have to get before you decided to boycott ufc?
Would it ever be a big enough issue to you?
Would you ever truly boycott all ufc until they treated fighters better?
Like what would be the line for you?
I'm just curious as to what people's answer will be.
I know this subject has kinda been done to death but...
In b4 some lame attempt at being funny

Unless they are held at gunpoint and forced to fight I really don't give a shit.

They sign the contracts. Don't like it, don't fight for the ufc

You do know these people have the choice to become MMA fighters in the UFC right?

Well yes but we are starting to see this...
I mean look at the Diaz and GSP situation. A lot of the top guys are not happy and they ARE choosing not to fight which sucks
I know the A level athlete thing keeps tossed around as a joke a lot here but it's kinda true...
MMA is not as an attractive an option to them as it could be

Meh, I buy shit built by exploited children somewhere I can't see. I'm not a good human being anyway.

I dont give a fuck about the next mans problems
Their life, their business
Aint none of these assholes offering to help me

UFC is the only place to go.

And please don't go out of your way trying to deny the monopoly.

The fighters fight because they want to. Its really as simple as that. Also, many fighters have left the UFC and found success elsewhere. The fighters make great money when they are well known and bring in revenue. I know I wouldn't pay a guy big money to work for me without somehow proving his worth first. No one would...or should at least.

I dont give a fuck about the next mans problems
Their life, their business
Aint none of these assholes offering to help me

A simple point, but a great one to boot

I don't expect my customers to boycott my boss' business until I get paid more money. It doesn't even make any sense. If they want me to get paid more, they should buy more from me and help our business thrive, so I can make the case that I deserve a raise. Cutting into a business' profits in order to coerce them into increasing their overhead cost makes no sense.

Meh, I buy shit built by exploited children somewhere I can't see. I'm not a good human being anyway.

This.

I'm not supercilious enough to pretend ethics are more important to me than my own enjoyment.

If UFC fighters don't like what they're being paid they're perfectly free to get a real job. Not everyone can be a professional athlete. I'm not going to boo-hoo over someone not being paid enough to beat up other people for my amusement.

The fighters fight because they want to. Its really as simple as that. Also, many fighters have left the UFC and found success elsewhere. The fighters make great money when they are well known and bring in revenue. I know I wouldn't pay a guy big money to work for me without somehow proving his worth first. No one would...or should at least.

It may seem like 'great money' to a simple man as yourself.... but it's not.

Why do you think the UFC is so secretive about fighter pay? Because the percentage of revenue paid to fighters is low. Much lower than other sports.

i would never boycott the ufc over the issue of fighter treatment. ufc fighters aren't victims. they fight for the ufc at their own free will and if they're unhappy with their pay or contract, they can retire or go do something else like nick and nate diaz.

It may seem like 'great money' to a simple man as yourself.... but it's not.

Why do you think the UFC is so secretive about fighter pay? Because the percentage of revenue paid to fighters is low. Much lower than other sports.

I'm simple? Lol your a fool. The ufc offers a contract and the fighters sign it. That's simple. Not me, moron. Sounds like your "simple" brain has a hard time understanding that the fighters are WILLINGLY signing ufc contracts. How can you not understand that? Lmfao

Im not boycotting UFC over shyt like that, as long as the shoes are good Im watching.

They should be paid more and the UFC takes greed to a ridiculous level, but thats on the fighters, dont like it dont fight or fight somewhere else.

i would never boycott the ufc over the issue of fighter treatment. ufc fighters aren't victims. they fight for the ufc at their own free will and if they're unhappy with their pay or contract, they can retire or go do something else like nick and nate diaz.

Don't say stuff like that, it makes you a "Simple Man".

UFC is the only place to go.

And please don't go out of your way trying to deny the monopoly.

There are plenty of guys with just as few skills as anyone in the UFC making a living outside of professional sports. If the life of a fighter is that bad they don't need to follow it. I made a decision to pursue a traditional career instead of pursuing fighting 3 years ago to provide myself with a more stable income. No one forces these guys to stay in MMA.

Like others have said, if fair wages bother you so much then you should get off of the UFC's back and go boycott Nike and other companies that use underpaid little kids.

People don't care about athletes. They just want to see a show. Football players would play with broken bones and concussions people dint care long as the team wins. Sane for mma. People just want to see a good fight who cares if the fighter eventually loses vision in one eye or has breathin complications from to many broken noses. Shut UFC just barley implemented a health insurance plan like a couple of years ago.

Paraphrase: Everyone's out to get theirs; as long as it's not them or their kids being exploited they don't give a shit - not their fight.

Humanity at its core essentially.

Back