How bad does Mighty Mouse look now?

he gets paid more money to wear whatever the fuck he wants, inject whatever he wants, and beat up cans in front of thousands of people in a promotion that will promote him like crazy

i think he looks pretty good

I respect DJ as an athlete and as a businessman. He did his talking in the cage, and did not let himself get trolled by Dana into making unwise career decisions (like fighting heavier opponents for less money than he deserves).
Tj Just made 125...

He doesn't. His haters look like idiots regardless.

I have said this enough times so I will put it in all caps for Shertards like yourself:

CHAMP IN THE LIGHTER WEIGHT CANNOT DUCK THE CHAMP IN THE HIGHER WEIGHT CLASS.

Dana White guaranteed TJ would make the 125 lb weight limit. DJ accepted the fight so long as DW paid DJ his show money and TJ's if TJ didn't make weight. Dana didn't want to actually put his money where his mouth is. Guarantees with nothing backing them are called Bullshit.

Haters gonna hate.

Mighty Mouse is more interested in playing video games than winning championship belts

Instead he got beat by another flyweight no one gives a shit about, and got dumped by the UFC and hardly gets mentioned anymore.

It’s like this unspoken taboo to say DJ isn’t the GOAT or even one of the GOATs, but really he wasn’t. And I say “wasn’t” because now he’s essentially irrelevant anyway. Product of a weak and shallow division. Had he taken the fight with TJ he would have gotten beaten handily just like a Cejudo is about to

Wait till ONE FC has him playing Fortnite in the middle of the cage for the ONE FC E-sports Championship belt (watched by potentially 1.9 billion people with 1.6 trillion cyber-impressions)

Would be funny if TJ gets starched tomorrow (which he will) and DJ sits back and lols at his dumb ass

I honestly don’t know what the fuck he is doing leaving the UFC? Finally he had an actual rival in his own division. A trilogy fight people would look forward to. And he bails for a little bit more money to go to some no-name company, to fight no name fighters, and nobody will watch. His legacy he basically wrecked with one move. He will end his career in complete obscurity.

He made a really bad decision. A loss to TJ would not have had anywhere that much impact on his reputation, just like the Cruz loss, because MM is a natural 125 lbs fighter.

A close loss to Cejudo turned his career in a wrong direction.

He doesn’t look bad

He looks pathetic. Who is he fighting next anyway? A gym teacher or something like that? He left the company that made him an actual name and a star. Now he’s going to fight who? Where? Is anybody going to watch? No.

Remember how his biggest excuse for ducking TJ was that he won’t make 125.

He should have taken that fight while he was still UFC champ, would have been his only fight that actually generated some interest and made him some decent money.

Instead he got beat by another flyweight no one gives a shit about, and got dumped by the UFC and hardly gets mentioned anymore. One of the stupidest and most obvious ducks in mma history, there was absolutely no excuse not to accept a challenge from a champ willing to fight him in his own weight class.
Completely agree.

Welp his new deal is worth 10 million or something stupid . And since one fc bleeds money and his coach is an executive there I don't see why he looks bad. He left a company that was going to fold his division to get paid more fighting lesser opponents . Seems ok to me.

It looked bad but was probably the right move. He'll be able to have sponsors on top of his huge contract. Assuming he doesnt go on a skid

Pathetic, his legacy will be forgotten soon after the UFC gets rid of the division.

Mighty Mouse is more interested in playing video games than winning championship belts

he's already won more than anyone else in ufc history so, yeah, i could see how that might lose it's allure after a while.

He doesn’t look bad at all
He was wanted to get paid to fight TJ and he wanted assurances if tj missed
The ufc didn’t give him that
TJ has no history at FLW and cuts a good amount of weight to get to BW
DJ does not look bad if you look at it logically
But hay this is sherdog after all..

I agree with all that, but I think DJ missed a big opportunity to cement himself as an all-time great.

If he beat Dillashaw, no matter how close the fight, it would have been a huge deal. Especially with TJ starching Barao twice and Necktats twice.

Yeah ducking an actual legit opponent at your own weightclass is beyond pathetic. I'm glad he's gone and no longer in the P4P talks.

Back