How attached are you to your gym?

Straightcross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to move to the other side of the country which also means leaving my gym behind. Even though I only trained there for a year I leave so many friends behind, friends whom I don't even know by name but I trust more than most people I do know by name

i love my gym...i know i could get better training elsewhere but i like the environment and people at my gym. probably not for everyone though.

Im not so much attached to my gym as I am the people ive bonded with in there. I owe a lot to those guys, both in fighting, and outside of fighting. A good gym in my opinion looks out for you not just in sports but in life, because you're no good to anyone in that gym if your personal life is all shot to shit. We all look out after each other.

I too will move to a different place and switch gyms.

I know that I will never find another trainer better than the one I currently have, he trains kids for free with no help from nobody, he trains them all with the intentions of making them champions, he has that desire to teach, to get the kids off the streets and into the gym.

This isn't just any crazy guy that opened a gym for money. not only is it free but his son is 2010 silver glove champion, and competing in this years golden glove competition. He is the real deal, he loves doing what he does and there's not many trainers like that.

This man made me the successful boxer I am today, and that's maybe why I'm attached to this gym.

I've trained at four gyms over the course of my five years in jiu jitsu. This is because I kept moving all over the place with school, summer work, and living in New Orleans for five months.

So, I'm not too attached to a gym. :)

My fighters gym I am very attached even though it lacks grappling classes. The UFC gym I go to grapple in, maybe moderate attachment for the faciliities and the facebook group chat, but I wouldn't miss them.

gym is fine. until they try force some sort of family thing upon you.

Very attached. I worry at times that I could use some more fundamental instruction focusing on technique and breaking things down more, but I really like the level of the gym I'm at. I will never become the greatest Muay Thai fighter ever there, but I always improve and there's an emphasis on sparring which is a very big mental leap for me and probably the most valuable part. My instructor has trained some successful amateur fighters, so that also gives me some confidence.

The good news is that I trained at a gym down in texas when I was down there for work and, aside from the workout there being even more intense than I get up here, nothing was overly surprising. They told me I might want to improve the speed of my switch kicks so I might, y'know, actually surprise someone with it....but I get the same thing up here. No one would talk to me before class but a lot of people came up and introduced themselves afterwards, so I must have represented myself at least decently.

Very.

You just have to like people you punch in the face everyday.

I love my muay gym it's produced quite a few champion pro fighters and has great guys there to train with. All the fighters are happy to help and since everyone spars together you improve super quickly

One of the hardest parts of training for me is dealing with new people and the social aspect of training.
So yeah, I like staying in the same place with the same people

Much more so to the people than the gym itself. (I've seen people come and go.)

I feel very fortunate for my gym. I don't know if there are many gyms around that have a competition class, and corner adults in amateur competitions, etc, and give quality results for the membership fee. Seems like a lot of gyms have people come in and hit the bag, and if you're a young kid someone takes a liking to you and is willing to train you to compete.

I miss having my own dedicated kru but a year at the new place is cheaper than a mont at tristar.

I'm not very attached to my mates, infact I injured alot of them without even feeling sad for a sec. I am attached to my coach tho, his helping me more than anyone other than my parents, he trained me for free, he said when he turn me pro he doesn't want any money and that when i become pro he wont charge me for anything, all the training gear all the camps stuff are on him and he never complains, so yeah, I don't think I can leave my current coach.

I am very attached to my place, less of the training I receive there (not as much any more), its more of how much I am teaching. If I were to leave for another place, it'd most likely close down eventually. I feel obligated to get the students to a good standard as a martial artist. I am not okay with just leaving them half way through when there is so much to learn at their level.

Super attached - as people have said before its not the gym but the people in it. I have no aspirations of becoming a lumpinee champion but I am constantly learning my technique in an environment that I feel safe in and around people I trust. My Kru is always looking out for all his students and bringing them along in their own journey

Back