How athletic are UFC fighters compared to athletes from other sports?

Is this still true now that Bern is off his PEDs?

Maybe time to put the brow

Saying a fighter is on PEDs is fighter bashing. What you are doing is worse because JAMES is a thousand times the athlete any UFC champion is.

I don't even know who this Canor McGoat guy is.

Is that his real name?

Saying a fighter is on PEDs is fighter bashing. What you are doing is worse because JAMES is a thousand times the athlete any UFC champion is.

I have sources that already confirmed Bern slow start was 100% directly related to going off the hgh

Schaub wasn't a scrub in the NFL, he wasn't in the NFL. He was on a practice squad for part of one season. He never played a game.

Mitrione played all of 9 minutes in his career.

And that's after spending their whole lives trying to get there. Then both train a little, go to the 'premier MMA org' and carry winning records.

Yes but I think it can also be argued in reverse. I think that many, if not most, of the NFL's most prominent players would not be able to go to the UFC and have winning records if they fought and trained full time over the course of several years, especially if they were fighting in any weight class from LHW on down.

"MMA fighters might not be the fastest or the strongest or the highest jumpers, but on balance they are the best athletes in sports" - Carlon Coker, physician who has worked with pro athletes from MMA to tennis to basketball to Olympic skiing.

lol, I thought these black supremacists threads were kept in the sports bar forum?

I know a lot of NFL players train MMA to keep in shape in the off season. That should tell you something . . .

Mixed martial arts helps NFL players improve skills

NFL players using MMA training to prepare for season

The Brian Dawkins Workout - Dawkins says, “MMA training helps me increase my balance, body control, and mental toughness.”

50769.jpg

brian-dawkins.jpg

dawk-plex-o.gif

I'm sure soccer is more popular than kawkfighting in Ireland. If you're at the elite, upper level echelon of athleticism you just don't go for MMA.

Can any MMA fighter throw a 70 yard pass to a guy running 25 miles an hour while being hounded by another guy running 6 inches from him? I doubt it. Can any MMA fighter stop a 275lb guy running at his QB and prevent that guy from crushing his QB into the dirt? Mitrione and Schaub couldn't, so I doubt any MMA fighter could. Can any MMa fighter jump 4 feet in the air and dunk a basketball? 6'4" Jon Jones couldn't.

Can any NFL player come into the UFC and beat Jon Jones I doubt it. Can any NFL player come into the UFC and beat Chris Weidman? I doubt it.

LMAO so UFC just resigned Cro-Cop... that tells you much about the F-level "athletes" in that pseudo-sport.

a 40 year old bum who can't even hang around his block.

It pairs pretty well with the great CM Punk I guess... sigh

Walker's MMA appearance will be his second. He is 1-0 and credits the training he has done with keeping him in football shape. "I'm a much better-conditioned athlete now than when I was playing football," he said. "I'm 48 and in better shape now than I was when I was in my early 20s, playing football."
http://www.startribune.com/sports/v...QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_vckD8EQD_1cuU

He's so old he's senile, and he's still winning in MMA.

Embarrassing imo.

Back