How are your grappling classes structured?

gracie_barra**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This is how classes at my school go:

1.5 - 2 hrs total (4x a week, 8- twice a day if you wanna push yourself)

15 mins hard warmup (jacks, crunches, pushups, sprawls, rolls, squats. .etc etc)
30 mins of showing or practising techniques (2 per day, and they are related) and
30mins - 1hr+ of rolling/switching partners..etc etc
Whats great about the class is that this regime is very, very tiring , but the instructor always stays behind after the class ends and you can ask him to show you stuff to work on.. so theres not really a timelimit.

30 mins of warm-up (running, pushups, jumping jacks, LOTS of sit ups)
30-45 mins of showing or practicing techniques. (2-3 a day and are related, some arent)
45 mins to an hour of rolling and switching partners

it is 2 hours or over

You're with Gracie Barra? Me too. http://www.temeculajiujitsu.com

3 hour class:
15 Minutes of warm ups
15 Minutes Shark Bait drill (2 people fighting for the takedown, winner stays in)
25 Minutes Shark Bait (2 people grappling until submission)
30 of Technique
Rolling the rest of the time

The Man Monster said:
3 hour class:
15 Minutes of warm ups
15 Minutes Shark Bait drill (2 people fighting for the takedown, winner stays in)
25 Minutes Shark Bait (2 people grappling until submission)
30 of Technique
Rolling the rest of the time

i like the way your class is structured. i might model my training sessions after it.

Well think about it, we work EVERY part of the BJJ game every day:
Takedowns (Shark Bait is great because if you win 3-4 times then your tired so it forces you to learn how to do them even after your exhasuted)
And then we work our ground game for an hour and a half, plus we do guard passing drills 15 mintues daily.

Bah i wanna roll more, judo we do it as warmup sometiems :I

Our class is like that, you can stay after for a good hour before the place closes. Although sparring winds me the fuck up at times it is where I feel I learn the most.

Back