How are you in the kitchen?

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I just don't believe in investing in like, amazing knives, unless you're slicing meat on a regular basis. I need a cleaver, a new serrate and i'm good. 30$ max.

The knives I use at work are nice, but meh, i can do the same things there at home. The sharpeness pays off when i have to dice a case of tomatoes in 20 minutes, but i'm never going to be doing that in my own kitchen lol

I just don't believe in investing in like, amazing knives, unless you're slicing meat on a regular basis. I need a cleaver, a new serrate and i'm good. 30$ max.

The knives I use at work are nice, but meh, i can do the same things there at home. The sharpeness pays off when i have to dice a case of tomatoes in 20 minutes, but i'm never going to be doing that in my own kitchen lol

Can't gripe about solid cheap knives. I still have a decent 12" (or 14", can't remember off the top of my head) filet knife that I picked up for ~ $10.00 on sale at the local Bass Pro shop.

The custom job I'm considering has just as much, if not more, to do with the beauty of the work (gemstone handles, custom sheaths/stands/boxes) and potential long term value as it's functional use. I honestly don't know if I plan on actually using it, or just standing over it like a hawk ready to stab the first person who even looks at it sideways.

I know how to make a helluva sandwich and I can follow a recipe. I also clean as I go so I dont have a big mess to clean up when im done.

Can't gripe about solid cheap knives. I still have a decent 12" (or 14", can't remember off the top of my head) filet knife that I picked up for ~ $10.00 on sale at the local Bass Pro shop.

The custom job I'm considering has just as much, if not more, to do with the beauty of the work (gemstone handles, custom sheaths/stands/boxes) and potential long term value as it's functional use. I honestly don't know if I plan on actually using it, or just standing over it like a hawk ready to stab the first person who even looks at it sideways.
Aye more power to ya. A good knife is always a good investment

Cook 75% of the time for either myself or housemates too. Love trying new things out.

Always make sure theres water/washing up liquid in the bowl whilst i cook. Usually clean bits up inbetween stages.

I'm good at heating stuff up in the microwave.... but have no cooking skills to speak of. Fortunately my wife is a very good cook and really enjoys doing so.

I cook pretty much every night, or on more busy weeks I cook a weeks worth of meals for my self on sundays.
It's fun and therapeutic and I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen. I've gotten pretty decent at it.

Need to be better at cleaning whilst I cook though, I tend to wait until after I'm done eating and everything before I clean.

Went to Culinary school in the 90's, worked in restaurants and hotels but got tired of the hours and just the entire aspect of it all. Still cook a lot and love it, I miss the pressure and competitiveness of it though.

Pretty anal with cleanliness and sanitation.

Knives are important, but they dont have to be high end. I love my Global knives, the all in one and lightweight feel of it.

I love to cook. I worked in restaurants and for some weird reason I have 3 good friends who are chefs.

You wanna make a steak taste gourmet, add this to it.

In a skillet, cook chopped shallots until translucent. Add a cup of port wine or any decent red wine. Half cup of beef broth. Cook on med high until thick (5min.) Add a tbsp butter, whisk it up n drizzle it over meat. Whoever eats this will say "this tastes gourmet".

I live alone so I can cook and I can clean. I don't really follow recipes or anything except for a few dishes. I usually like to cook healthy. I also clean as I go due to the fact I have a small kitchen.

I like cooking and I think I'm good at it for someone who pretty much learned by himself.

I don't cook much tho, I live alone and its too much hassle cooking something elaborate and cleaning after, for just one person. Every now and then I'll try making a new dish and they're usually pretty good.

im a beast in the kitchen, cook most of the family meals.

Back