How are you guys faring in your betting?

I was up like $40,000+ at one point. And I only started with 4-500 dollars. When I started I was so sharp. I used to win 6-10+ parlays regularly. The most I won was $2200 from a $37 parlay bet. I took 2 5k deposits out but then I lost the rest.

When I was up 40k I started betting on the most ridiculous shit you could imagine when I was awake and nothing else was going on at the time. Live Japanese Baseball games, live random tennis matches all around the world, live australian basketball. Then I got into poker too. Thought I was a genius and could never lose....

Long story short stick with what you know and stay disciplined. That's all that matters in this game.

I was up like $40,000+ at one point. And I only started with 4-500 dollars. When I started I was so sharp. I used to win 6-10+ parlays regularly. The most I won was $2200 from a $37 parlay bet. I took 2 5k deposits out but then I lost the rest.

When I was up 40k I started betting on the most ridiculous shit you could imagine when I was awake and nothing else was going on at the time. Live Japanese Baseball games, live random tennis matches all around the world, live australian basketball. Then I got into poker too. Thought I was a genius and could never lose....

Long story short stick with what you know and stay disciplined. That's all that matters in this game.
thats incredible dude. if you have gone one more step, then you coulda entered 100k zone. From there 1u of $1000 would be nice. just make 4u a week and 16k a month and slowly scaled up your bets. so far in my gambling career, I am down by 8k usd. 5k down from bj and 3k down from baccarat. But this was over the span of 3 years. I decided to quit after I realized that the deck was rigged. I counted 24+ aces in a non wind mill shoe. I think MMA is less rigged. So hopefully, I can get all my money back from prior gambling losses.

I don’t bet enough which is frustrating.

I’m doing really well on main event picks im very confident in between Khabib and Max I made over 3K but this was off of betting less than 1K on each.

If I had the confidence to bet thousands of dollars I would’ve grown my account more, but the fear of losing has held me back.

thats incredible dude. if you have gone one more step, then you coulda entered 100k zone. From there 1u of $1000 would be nice. just make 4u a week and 16k a month and slowly scaled up your bets. so far in my gambling career, I am down by 8k usd. 5k down from bj and 3k down from baccarat. But this was over the span of 3 years. I decided to quit after I realized that the deck was rigged. I counted 24+ aces in a non wind mill shoe. I think MMA is less rigged. So hopefully, I can get all my money back from prior gambling losses.

MMA can be very profitable...just takes a shit load of discipline and not getting worked up over losses. If you know and study every possible matchup you're betting on eventually you get a 6th sense about it all. Human movement, size, and biomechanics eventually decide the outcome of every fight

I don’t bet enough which is frustrating.

I’m doing really well on main event picks im very confident in between Khabib and Max I made over 3K but this was off of betting less than 1K on each.

If I had the confidence to bet thousands of dollars I would’ve grown my account more, but the fear of losing has held me back.
I am sure you know your stuff but I think it is always in the best interest to diversify your bets. For example, I could have taken home 6units today but I only took home 4u because I used the 2u to hedge. If Ortega won, I woulda still broken even. In the long run, I think hedging is the key. Although my unit gains are small, I am winning these days. Instead of making one 3k bets, if you are sure that at least 51% of bets will win, you should chop it down to small size and diversify it to reduce the risk. In the long run, that 1% gain should compound and should give you a sizeable sum. For me, my target for every UFC is just 4units.

I am sure you know your stuff but I think it is always in the best interest to diversify your bets. For example, I could have taken home 6units today but I only took home 4u because I used the 2u to hedge. If Ortega won, I woulda still broken even. In the long run, I think hedging is the key. Although my unit gains are small, I am winning these days. Instead of making one 3k bets, if you are sure that at least 51% of bets will win, you should chop it down to small size and diversify it to reduce the risk. In the long run, that 1% gain should compound and should give you a sizeable sum. For me, my target for every UFC is just 4units.

Outside of certain very specific situations, hedging is a bad idea, and I've avoided it. (And am doing significantly better because of it)

You either trust your reads or you don't. And if you want to make a small, safe profit, why the hell are you betting MMA instead of buying bonds, investing in a mutual fund, etc?

Outside of certain very specific situations, hedging is a bad idea, and I've avoided it. (And am doing significantly better because of it)

You either trust your reads or you don't. And if you want to make a small, safe profit, why the hell are you betting MMA instead of buying bonds, investing in a mutual fund, etc?
umm... I still make 8% gains every week. nvm. to be fair I do lose on some weeks so lets call it 4% monthly. I do not think there is any investment that gives me an yield of weekly 4% compound interest. If there is such a safe investment option, please let me know.

umm... I still make 8% gains every week. nvm. to be fair I do lose on some weeks so lets call it 4% monthly. I do not think there is any investment that gives me an yield of weekly 4% compound interest. If there is such a safe investment option, please let me know.

Your 4% monthly is not even close to guaranteed, though. It's extraordinarily volatile, and based on a very short sample size, based on your own posts.

Your 4% monthly is not even close to guaranteed, though. It's extraordinarily volatile, and based on a very short sample size, based on your own posts.
I admit. I have an unproven record. I am not sure how long this will last. I just hope I am right more than 51% of the time.

Back