How are we so easily manipulated

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
How have we gotten to this point where the absurd and destructive mentality has taken over as the mainstream way to think? Is it simply the fact that people who have good things going for them can’t be bothered with the nonsense because they’re too busy being happy and living their lives, while the bitter and resentful who wish to tear it all down are more involved and vocal cause they got nothing else?

How have the strong become the weak? I’m not dividing people based on monetary possessions here, nor on physical or intellectual ability. To me the strong are all those who have a purpose and direction in life. You can be dirt poor and stuck at the bottom right now, but if you have or want children you must want a future for them right? Is it really true that there’s more bitter and resentful people out there than there is those of us whose life has some meaning?

I don’t think it’s necessary for me to list all the ways that this is currently unfolding. I don’t think I’m overreacting if I say the western way of life is slowly crumbling. I don’t think you need to be a historian to realize we have it better than anyone has ever had it in the history of known human existence, yet we seem to take it for granted and we seem ready to give it all up without realizing the consequences.

I was born relatively poor, even poor for the country I was born in at the time. I grew up in Eastern Bloc communism where open freedom of opinion was punishable by prison or worse. I’ve also lived in Castro’s Cuba on and off for about 4 years combined, and experienced an even worse system of communism and even worse poverty and despair. Being privileged to live most of my life in North America and having something very opposite to compare it to has made me really appreciate how lucky we are (I assume most who are reading this are living in the first world).

So how did we become so spoiled? How have they managed to divide us and confuse us with all the left vs right nonsense? How have they so successful turned male vs female, straight vs gay, black vs white, English speaking vs non English speaking, Christian vs non Christian, gun owner vs vegan, fat vs fit, and countless of other silly differences that are constantly being used to kill all possibility of constructive conversation.

The future concerns me, I’m sick of magnifying our differences and wasting time on silly arguments. I’m white, my wife is not, my child is something in between and I’m just sick of the divisiveness. I know many of you are only here to flame, but how many of you are with me on this? How many of you are also concerned about the future of our children, and what are some ways we can defeat the evil forces that are working to enslave and conquer us while we bicker amongst each other over nonsense?

Can we have some threads where we can come together on some things and try to do something constructive rather than constantly shitting on each other? Am I asking for too much?

Thoughts?

never underestimate the stupidity possessed by mankind.

yeah OP, why do you let yourself get fooled so easily? Wake up

Mankind has been manipulated for the longest time to form hierarchial societies, that places the value of one person over the other, which always, inevitably, results in conflict.

Last edited:
How have we gotten to this point where the absurd and destructive mentality has taken over as the mainstream way to think? Is it simply the fact that people who have good things going for them can’t be bothered with the nonsense because they’re too busy being happy and living their lives, while the bitter and resentful who wish to tear it all down are more involved and vocal cause they got nothing else?

How have the strong become the weak? I’m not dividing people based on monetary possessions here, nor on physical or intellectual ability. To me the strong are all those who have a purpose and direction in life. You can be dirt poor and stuck at the bottom right now, but if you have or want children you must want a future for them right? Is it really true that there’s more bitter and resentful people out there than there is those of us whose life has some meaning?

I don’t think it’s necessary for me to list all the ways that this is currently unfolding. I don’t think I’m overreacting if I say the western way of life is slowly crumbling. I don’t think you need to be a historian to realize we have it better than anyone has ever had it in the history of known human existence, yet we seem to take it for granted and we seem ready to give it all up without realizing the consequences.

I was born relatively poor, even poor for the country I was born in at the time. I grew up in Eastern Bloc communism where open freedom of opinion was punishable by prison or worse. I’ve also lived in Castro’s Cuba on and off for about 4 years combined, and experienced an even worse system of communism and even worse poverty and despair. Being privileged to live most of my life in North America and having something very opposite to compare it to has made me really appreciate how lucky we are (I assume most who are reading this are living in the first world).

So how did we become so spoiled? How have they managed to divide us and confuse us with all the left vs right nonsense? How have they so successful turned male vs female, straight vs gay, black vs white, English speaking vs non English speaking, Christian vs non Christian, gun owner vs vegan, fat vs fit, and countless of other silly differences that are constantly being used to kill all possibility of constructive conversation.

The future concerns me, I’m sick of magnifying our differences and wasting time on silly arguments. I’m white, my wife is not, my child is something in between and I’m just sick of the divisiveness. I know many of you are only here to flame, but how many of you are with me on this? How many of you are also concerned about the future of our children, and what are some ways we can defeat the evil forces that are working to enslave and conquer us while we bicker amongst each other over nonsense?

Can we have some threads where we can come together on some things and try to do something constructive rather than constantly shitting on each other? Am I asking for too much?

Thoughts?

Culture matters.

What is our shared culture in our increasingly segmented society, driven by metropolitan living with many people, from many backgrounds, who have never met each other?

Maybe taxi drones, will let us move to smaller communities, where we actually know each other.

Thoughts?
Tldr version
Communism is bad
Communist left should shut up and enjoy their freedom.
The end

There is one answer;

Globalists. And until anybody is grown up enough to look at the bleak fact that they control everything and have a serious and tough discussion on what to do next, we will be stuck in a circle of nothing. Arguing among each other to no end.

Broad subject obviously, but here's my take:

RX
pills.jpg

Destructive and time consuming technology

lg-k40-platinum%20gray-450x350.png

Fake News

mainstream-media-fake-news.jpg

Each one individually is bad enough. But when combined are greater than the sum of their parts.

We have a society strung out on RX, distracted and addicted to the dopamine hits responses and likes provide, meanwhile being filled 24/7 by fake news. The vast majority of the sheep aren't going to look up for long enough to question the lies the media feeds us or the destruction that RX and many technologies provide so long as they have their Xanax and shitty bejeweled types of games to keep them pacified and distracted.

This is what the powers that be want. A happy, distracted group of yes people who lack the motivation to actually fact check. Easy to manipulate and control for whatever twisted ends.

A remedy? Within reason I just can't think of any solutions other than to try and encourage not taking what we're told on TV at face value and for people to try and understand the dangers of RX and of mind control via technology.

There is one answer;

Globalists. And until anybody is grown up enough to look at the bleak fact that they control everything and have a serious and tough discussion on what to do next, we will be stuck in a circle of nothing. Arguing among each other to no end.

globalists divide and conquer.

the divisiveness is on purpose. It’s pushed.

Tldr version
Communism is bad
Communist left should shut up and enjoy their freedom.
The end
I think “communism is bad” goes without saying and only the biggest simpleton on sherdog needs to be told how miserably it’s failed everywhere it’s ever been tried. My post went way beyond that, but if that’s all you got from it I guess didn’t make myself clear enough.

“Your failure as my son is my failure as a father”
041df689-c291-4e4b-8989-2536f18e0da8_screenshot.jpg

It's just a natural aspect of what we are as human beings. One does have a choice as to their actions, however, and it is up to that particular individual to rise above.

The same folks that will jail you for "wrong-think" in the present day are the same who would accuse you of "witch craft" in the past, to turn the tribe against you, so to speak.

I remember a time when people could peacefully and respectfully disagree. Those times can come again.

There is one answer;

Why dont you people call them capitalists instead of globalists?

The biggest problem with your post is “how we got here” “how we got to the point that...”

It’s human nature, and we’ll never escape it, no matter how smart we think we are.

We belong to groups and we’ll rarely be skeptical to people we trust, it simply isn’t beneficial from an evolutionary standpoint for a social animal to not trust someone in their group.

It's crazy man, people coming at us from everywhere.

People think they're much smarter than they are. Especially @AlexDB9.

In a general sense I agree. Delusions of grandeur can be dangerous and certainly don't help communications between people.

However in this case it's YOU with said delusions. I know it's difficult for you to accept the fact that @AlexDB9 is a lot smarter than you are and the easy thing to do is brush him off as "arrogant" or whatever in an effort to make yourself feel better.
However there's no escaping the proof in both of your posts.

Don't want to get eaten by the bear? Then don't do into the woods.

Manipulation of the News Media and information streams to maintain your Complacency. Both Foreign and Domestic.

In a general sense I agree. Delusions of grandeur can be dangerous and certainly don't help communications between people.

However in this case it's YOU with said delusions. I know it's difficult for you to accept the fact that @AlexDB9 is a lot smarter than you are and the easy thing to do is brush him off as "arrogant" or whatever in an effort to make yourself feel better.
However there's no escaping the proof in both of your posts.

Don't want to get eaten by the bear? Then don't do into the woods.

<Huh2>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back