how are ufc events live?

i went to UFC 149, had to say i wish i saved my 350$ for that night

I love it. I have been to 7 events and I have never been disappointed. I have met over 50 fighters, seen some of the best fights in mma history and I wouldn't change a thing. Every event I have gone to has been unforgettable for one reason or another. I feel like everyone should go at least once, but I have a feeling if you go to one you will want to go to more. I save up to go to a couple events every year and I always sit in the first 10 rows and there are always a ton of fighters around and you can hear every big shot, it's a total rush. It is really cool to meet some of these guys too, I haven't met a fighter who is a dick yet, every single figher has taken the time to talk to me, sign something, take a picture, I feel like that is hard to find in professional sports these days.

It really depends on the card and the location. I've been to 2 UFCs (79 and 152), as well as 4 Bellator events and a bunch of other regional events around Toronto.

UFC 79 was amazing. One of the best experiences of my life. The whole Vegas 'big fight' atmosphere is hard to compare to anything else. At that time it was before there were Fuel, FX, Spike or Facebook prelims though, so it did seem like a really long day.

UFC 152 was still cool, but not anything even remotely comparable. First off, Ontario MMA fans pretty much suck (a common theme with all of the Bellator and regional shows I've been to as well), which made the experience less enjoyable, and everything seemed a bit less novel than it did the first time around (which was to be expected).

I've actually come to enjoy all the smaller cards and venues I've attended MMA at a bit more for the purpose of actually watching MMA (better views, better prices, more fighter accessibility), but the atmosphere of a UFC event trumps anything else.

Go once, for the experience, but that's really all you need to do.

I was at 139 and had an Fn blast! One of the funnest things ive ever done, Great night of fights. Cant wait to go to Fox 7.

I've been to 3 and find the view terrible. I sat 13 rows back the last one and still wasn't impressed with the view.

Having said that the atmosphere is amazing. Def worth going at least once. Buffer really gets the crowd amped.

I prefer going to Bellator because the seats are 35$, but UFC live is pretty awesome, big time energy.

It's addictive. My friend & I decided to go once to experience it and see what it's like. I was hooked. Incredible energy, the roar of the crowd after a ko, the weigh ins, pre & after parties, meeting fans & fighters, and checking out a new city. SO MUCH FUN.

I relate it to going to see a concert. The music quality can't be duplicated live like it can on CD but the atmosphere and overall experience makes up for it.

I have been to three and had unbelievable time at all three.

This is a pretty good comparison. As long as the seats aren't too terrible, then its deceptively good. Personally I could see better than I expected.

Then again I live in Calgary and wanted to throw my shoes at Dana after my only UFC live event... So its not guaranteed awesomeness.

never been to a ufc event... but i did go to strikeforce last time it came thru st.louis and it was sweet! i was super pumped to be going to see a live fight and with three ko's(robbie lawle over lindlandr, paul daley over scott smith, and hendo over babalu plus mike kyle caught big foot early in the first before getting snuffed) to end the card it was super awesome, even my girl had a great time. there really aint nothing like being there and feeling the electricity of the crowd... but im a concert guy as well, and also love going to as many blues games as i can afford.... basically if you like going to live events i think its definitely worth it

- very, very loud with the obnoxious music. Nothing your home system can offer will compare to the rattle of a UFC walkout or music between fights. Your organs rattle.

- Can actually get a decent view even in mid/uper mid rows; average ball arena.

- TV monitors to watch fight, oddly, you sometimes get caught up looking at the monitor and not the real dudes in the cage.

- You will most likely be around some trailer trash getting drunk, swearing all night and mumbling about stupid shit.

- Token whore screaming stupid shit just to get attention.

- Seeing a sub or KO live is EPIC.

- I personally developed MUCH more respect seeing the fighters in the flesh, working their craft. I tend to talk less shit about fighters now, seeing them in person.

- Buffer is fucking awesome.

- Might go to another, but I have just as much fun, if not more so, chilling on the couch with my peeps. WAAAAAY cheaper and WAAAAAY tastier food, not having to deal with retards.

- A good card will give you a good night. A shitty card will make you feel as though you should have spent that money on a quality hooker, or a few video games, your choice.

- Experience depends on your personality, too. I dont drink or party and can't stand being around loud obnoxious people. I could go to a sports bar, pay a cheap cover charge and have decent food for waaaay less than going to fights, while still dealing with the scrubs. Again, the qaulity of the card matters a whole lot more live than PPV, IMO.

Last edited:
I relate it to going to see a concert. The music quality can't be duplicated live like it can on CD but the atmosphere and overall experience makes up for it.

This.

awesome if you get first row seats and sit right next to the octagon during the prelims like I did for UFC 152 in Toronto :)

Back