how are ufc events live?

podsox

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
im thinking about going to the one at the united center in a couple weeks. better on tv or in person?

I went to 136 and it was better then I expected I'd definitely go again I was 20th row and my tix were $340. and worth the experience!

I relate it to going to see a concert. The music quality can't be duplicated live like it can on CD but the atmosphere and overall experience makes up for it.

I have been to three and had unbelievable time at all three.

Everyone should go to at least one live event if theyre able to
Be prepared to miss some of the action in the cage but the live atmosphere and parties afterward more then make up for it

Overall excellent. Not a bad seat in the house really.

Only problem is drunken retards fighting In the crowds. Happens every event it seems

I always end up watching the big screen because you can't see shit once it hits the ground, even if you're cageside. But it's a fun experience, and try to leave your air luggage at home.

And there are just as many fights in the stands than in the cage at some events.

Its awesome. Specially the Baba oreilly part

I've been to UFC 149 and a WEC event. The UFC 149 Card was (as most people know) rather terrible. The Prelims were absolutely amazing but the PPV portion was pretty bad. Aside from the shitty card, the experience is well worth going. The first noticeable thing though is the lack of commentary (unless you buy the headset) that was weird for myself and my friends the first time. You tend to hear the actual action better than a PPV but the visual isn't as good. There is the big screen which is like watching it on PPV. I always found myself alternating between actual in cage action and the screen depending on my view and whether I could see the fighters clearly.

The atmosphere is very good (except for drunken idiots mentioned in previous posts, expect to hear lots of stupid comments, in particular, "stop cuddling" etc).

Overall to go an event it is well worth the cost and go with a group if possible.

And there are just as many fights in the stands than in the cage at some events.

This.

Counting per capita, UFC events probably have the highest crowd fights in professional sports...and that includes soccer and rugby fans in other countries. Says alot about the douche-factor in the fairweather MMA fan.

It's like an NFL football game — great atmosphere, but better on television. You're gonna miss a lot of stuff that you'd see on TV.

I've never attended a live UFC even but I did attend Rogers/Fedor and it was a great experience. Nothing like seeing an event live

Honestly, I might be tainted because the first event I went to was a Pride event, but the Octagon gets in the way a lot. Especially the cameramen hanging over the edges. The ring was way better, from a spectator standpoint. I've been to many events (Strikeforce and UFC) and it just seems like the cage is great for branding and TV, but not so great for spectating (Although the high up seats actually a better angle than some of the "better seats".

Also be prepared for a lot of amped up, affliction shirt wearing bros.

Not worth it IMO. Use the money you would spend on tickets and throw a sweet UFC party at home.

I always wonder what those kind of guys thought process is like. "Dude, it's UFC! I GOTTA HAVE MY SWAG!"

you have to throw the word "bro" in there at least twice per sentence.

Back