Opinion How are Target and Walmart open but small businesses can’t ?

Democrats trying to destroy the economy, thinking that Americans will grow impatient and force Trump out of office in November. Getting everyone dependent on the government for money is another goal as well.
Nah. Trump isn't off the hook. If the guy was really about his wits he'd simply have told everyone to be careful. The government has absolutely no jurisdiction for these edicts.

If people are scared stay home that's the end of it.

Wait until you guys realize this was all done voluntarily.

No one was forced to shut down
No one got fined
No one got arrested
No laws were passed

You chose, on your own, to go out of business

{<jordan}
That's the saddest part of this.

But I do believe that the government did forcibly shut down airlines.

The logistics of it make no sense. Not to mention 70% of the purchases at the big stores are NOT essential items.

In Ontario Walmart was allowed to stay open because they sell groceries.

I work in multi family real estatein los angeles - they’ve allowed deferred of rent for tenants until july( and will surely pass to september) that’s 6 months while providing no relief to landlords - they want to run us out of business

Landlords are societal bottom feeders. So good riddance. All rental properties should be publicly funded and at cost to renters. This would also help lower the purchasing price of homes.

That's the saddest part of this.

But I do believe that the government did forcibly shut down airlines.
Those have been open the whole time its just that the number of flights were drastically reduced because people stopped traveling.

China never even shut down flights. Wuhan has been open this entire time.

They sell essential items like food, medical supplies, and clothes. It isn't exactly rocket science.

Those have been open the whole time its just that the number of flights were drastically reduced because people stopped traveling.

Then I stand corrected.

Liquor stores were deemed essential. For the whole month of March the grimey liquor stores were full of depressed unhealthy people with... No masks or gloves!!!!!!! dun dun dun.

Meanwhile, we couldn't have sensible policies to have gyms, yoga studios, etc. for healthy people open... Because the government truly cares or... they want people unhealthy, drowning their sorrows with a depressant, scared in their house, crying/snitching on others on social media while being unquestionably obedient and relying on them.

Your state likely recognizes that cutting off liquor access to people staying home would probably result in riots.

Shutting down gyms was a good move. You can exercise or do yoga at home or anywhere. A gym full of people sweating all over the place and using the same equipment sounds like a terrible idea. Imo gyms should be one of the last places to reopen.

My wife knits. She always buys her yarn from a local yarn store owned an old lady. That store is ordered closed by the governor. But you can still buy yarn from Wal-Mart. Its fucked up. In what world is it more hygenic to shop at Wal-Mart than a small speciality shop?

They sell essential items like food, medical supplies, and clothes. It isn't exactly rocket science.

Sure, but the rule should be that they are only allowed to sell those items, and not funnel business for other items into their store. It's total bullshit, and I don't blame the little guys if they defy the lock down orders. It's just total blatant hypocrisy, and makes absolutely no sense.

That’s a good plan, as long as we sterilize the renters getting free housing so they don’t spread their poverty stricken genes.

Landlords are societal bottom feeders. So good riddance. All rental properties should be publicly funded and at cost to renters. This would also help lower the purchasing price of homes.

property rights are protected under the constitution

you sound like a kid who took a liberal acts class, got a 4 year degree and think you got life figured out

just so you know , a large portion of the reit portfolio I manage is to make sure retired schoolteachers who are the most underpaid and under appreciated segment of our society can retire with a livable income.

we purchase distressed properties either taken over by city for failing to maintain habitable, foreclosure, and reo sale - they're infested with bedbugs, roaches, mold, and often are falling apartment due to disrepair

we also face the huge challenge of fighting gang members, drug dealers, and prostitutes in the lopsided legal system to try to remove them from the property in order to make the place livable

we then spend hundreds of thousands or millions are times to make the property livable and the rental units rental - ive been shot at by MS 13 gang members, had my staffs car burned down, etc.

if it was up your government these people would be living off a $800 a month social security. As of now , ive been working for free(I suspended my salary and fees) to make sure I can help maintain my clients retirement funds

but you'r right, I don't deserve to make any money, body feeding landlord who sits back and just collects checks doing nothing

Last edited:
So do the GMO vaccines they're about to mandate - they are literally a step away from turning manking into a GMO organism.

As a farmer who grows both GMO, and non-GMO crops, I'm quite curious what exactly is a "GMO Vaccine"?

All the bougee Sherdoggers who always brag about living in giant metropolitan shitholes in Blue States are being hit the hardest by lockdowns. <Lmaoo>

Meanwhile in South Dakota, there was never a stay-at-home order and nothing closed.

Other than restaurants being takeout and the movie theaters closing, pretty much the same here in Nebraska.

Schools being closed for this long has been an adjustment for everyone to be sure.

My relatives on the coasts are having a much harder time of it.

The mega-rich are getting WAY richer in 2020. It's pretty sickening. Meanwhile the school budget in my state is being cut by over 10%. It's stomach turning.

I'm being careful how I spend my money.

Correct, our government welcomed 40,000 folks from China including thousands straight from Wuhan itself to fly to airports all over the country with shoddy or no screening.

This is all after what Trump called a travel "ban" was touted and seems to be what he deems one of his greatest responses to the pandemic.

Correct, our government welcomed 40,000 folks from China including thousands straight from Wuhan itself to fly to airports all over the country with shoddy or no screening.

This is all after what Trump called a travel "ban" was touted and seems to be what he deems one of his greatest responses to the pandemic.
I torally get why people think we are bullshitting. I wish we were bullshitting tbh.

Back