How and Who will win in the JBJ s DC fight my predictions

somedumbrookie

White Belt
Reaction score
here's a quick look on how I see the fight going for each fighter and how they will win

For Jones

Standup- I see him Circling away a lot using those oblique kicks and his reach. He will throw more body shots and front kicks in this fight. He will be mixing up his strikes but will depend on his speed and takedown defense to try to get a tko/ko.

Ground- On top Jones will just go for the gnp i highly doubt he will attempt any submissions from the top. But if he's on the bottom i actually see him trying to throw a lot of submissions off his back because hes just cocky and wants to prove hes a complete fighter. He will also look for sweeps.

For Cormier

Standup- I see DC pressuring Jones alot looking to push him against the cage to dirty box him. I don't see him standing up too long because he will always attempt to get it to the ground and use his big frame against Jones. BUt anytime Jones is against the cage expect him to stay standing and banging.

Ground- On top same as jones just some good old gnp and alot of smothering. He just wants to punch jones in the face. Now if DC is on the bottom I don't see him doing well unless he's sweaty and its easier to slip away. He's going to try to kick Jones off or just hold him till the ref restarts the fight.

Outcome of the fight- Im neither a fan of either fighter. DC does have a good chance to pull off the upset but DC is sort of too one dimensional. He's going to be too dependent on his wrestling. Yea DC will get a few takedowns but Dc doesnt just doesnt look to finish right away he beats people up and waits till the later rounds to finish. Jones as a person i don't like him much but he has more tools to win in his fight if all he has to worry about is being taken down he will just use his speed and reach to hit the slower DC more and more till he gets desperate and eventually a ko/tko win by late round 4 or 5.

ty for reading and I did bet on TKO/Ko win for DC.. yea goes against my prediction but i do random shit alot... :)

Jones via powerful tap to strikes

I guarantee Jones will come out with an immediate kick straight to the knee.

After that DC puts Jones on his back and ruins his special night.

Jones via triangle choke. Cormier has shown no desire to follow guys to the ground if they have sub skills.

here's a quick look on how I see the fight going for each fighter and how they will win

For Jones

Standup- I see him Circling away a lot using those oblique kicks and his reach. He will throw more body shots and front kicks in this fight. He will be mixing up his strikes but will depend on his speed and takedown defense to try to get a tko/ko.

Ground- On top Jones will just go for the gnp i highly doubt he will attempt any submissions from the top. But if he's on the bottom i actually see him trying to throw a lot of submissions off his back because hes just cocky and wants to prove hes a complete fighter. He will also look for sweeps.

For Cormier

Standup- I see DC pressuring Jones alot looking to push him against the cage to dirty box him. I don't see him standing up too long because he will always attempt to get it to the ground and use his big frame against Jones. BUt anytime Jones is against the cage expect him to stay standing and banging.

Ground- On top same as jones just some good old gnp and alot of smothering. He just wants to punch jones in the face. Now if DC is on the bottom I don't see him doing well unless he's sweaty and its easier to slip away. He's going to try to kick Jones off or just hold him till the ref restarts the fight.

Outcome of the fight- Im neither a fan of either fighter. DC does have a good chance to pull off the upset but DC is sort of too one dimensional. He's going to be too dependent on his wrestling. Yea DC will get a few takedowns but Dc doesnt just doesnt look to finish right away he beats people up and waits till the later rounds to finish. Jones as a person i don't like him much but he has more tools to win in his fight if all he has to worry about is being taken down he will just use his speed and reach to hit the slower DC more and more till he gets desperate and eventually a ko/tko win by late round 4 or 5.

ty for reading and I did bet on TKO/Ko win for DC.. yea goes against my prediction but i do random shit alot... :)

DC will be the faster fighter in the octagon. Don't let his size fool you. He is a VERY quick LHW and is deceptively fast for his size and frame, much like Fedor was.

Jones by contrast is a more methodical striker and the downside of having such a giant wingspan is that it takes longer for him to move his limbs around.

I think DC wins this by UD. Ever since Jones made that comment about how his wrestling is better, I think it has been eating away at DC, and DC wants to humble Jones by dominating him with wrestling for five rounds. I don't see either guy being finished but I can see both getting rocked and recovering.

Back