How amazing would it be if we have many Jones's caliber fighter in every weight class

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I know that bringing up NBA isn't ideal, but there are tons of dudes that are high level, not really different from one another.
In MMA however, you get a dominant champion, a challenger or two, and most likely a gaping chasm afterwards.
When I see guys like (I'm not mentioning lowest weight classes because I understand tehy have to develop) Ellenberger at 7, after losing badly in the last two fights, Bisping at 8, 1 dimentional Hendo at 7 with back to back loses, , Mir at 10 after losing 3 in a row and having completely nothing on any opponent that beat him etc.

I just see the same guys over and over, and sad thing is that the majority of them have no shot at the champion, they are just there and will remain there for a long time with rematches on the horizon because who can they put up against if top 10-15 never changes.

I wish the level of skill and athleticism was very high so that every top 10 guy could give Jon a fight or Cain a fight or Aldo a fight.
It's a bit frustrating to see guys who got beat badly and have no shot to be in top10 for ages. You lose 2 fights badly you should go to 25 with 23 guys beasts.
I know, wishful thinking ;) I Will get blasted for sure, but I had to do it.

High level athletes go to sports that actually pay good money

And they would all duck eachother, a bit like boxing.

^true

Once the sport gets big enough to pay out the ass it'll happen

I feel you. But UFC has had it's fair share of absolute freak athletes not as many as other sports but we have our fair share.

Better athletes will come eventually. Not A- level but B- at least.

I know that bringing up NBA isn't ideal, but there are tons of dudes that are high level, not really different from one another.
In MMA however, you get a dominant champion, a challenger or two, and most likely a gaping chasm afterwards.
When I see guys like (I'm not mentioning lowest weight classes because I understand tehy have to develop) Ellenberger at 7, after losing badly in the last two fights, Bisping at 8, 1 dimentional Hendo at 7 with back to back loses, , Mir at 10 after losing 3 in a row and having completely nothing on any opponent that beat him etc.

I just see the same guys over and over, and sad thing is that the majority of them have no shot at the champion, they are just there and will remain there for a long time with rematches on the horizon because who can they put up against if top 10-15 never changes.

I wish the level of skill and athleticism was very high so that every top 10 guy could give Jon a fight or Cain a fight or Aldo a fight.
It's a bit frustrating to see guys who got beat badly and have no shot to be in top10 for ages. You lose 2 fights badly you should go to 25 with 23 guys beasts.
I know, wishful thinking ;) I Will get blasted for sure, but I had to do it.

They wouldn't look like crazy high caliber fighters. Jones is an anomaly. If everyone was on the same level it would feel just like the Middleweight division right now!

Better athletes will come eventually. Not A- level but B- at least.

He's already here

images

Alternately, how amazing would it be if we had a Cody McKenzie caliber fighter in every weight class?

tumblr_m59e8uYhOq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

... Exactly.

I agree actually ;) DC gonna whoop dat ass.

Yup, that sucks. But on he other hand, a good athlete isn't enough in the fighting business. Just look at Roy Nelson vs Kongo ;)

I'm a big DC fan but don't bet money on it.

It was a valiant effort at making us think that Jones is better than the champs at other weight classes, troll.

The percentage of eye injuries would go through the roof !

When everyone is amazing... No one will be.

Back