How about that d’arce from Max

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
Right as Poirier looked like he was gonna fold near the end of the 3rd i believe,and Max started pouring it on he got him hurt then jumped on what looked like a TIGHT choke but Dustin got saved by the bell

Man I know Max’s fighting style isnt conducive to long term health but goddamn the guy leaves it all out there every single time. A true fighter and a savage

We don’t deserve Max Holloway

That could've been interesting. Dustin was well twisted and extended..

Nope. Max fans really are clutching at straws here.

Ok douchebag, dustin said himself in his post interview that he was hurt bad and on the verge of quitting. That was when Max jumped on the choke

It was objectively a great back and forth fight, you should watch it some time

Max’s most impressive moments were a couple choke attempts that were looking tight, especially that d’arce. That was a real surprise, the guy should use grappling and bjj more often, because he definitely can’t just stand & bang with the bigger boys.

I love Max, but he looked outgunned from the opening bell..

Max’s most impressive moments were a couple choke attempts that were looking tight, especially that d’arce. That was a real surprise, the guy should use grappling and bjj more often, because he definitely can’t just stand & bang with the bigger boys.

He should go back to 145.

Ok douchebag, dustin said himself in his post interview that he was hurt bad and on the verge of quitting. That was when Max jumped on the choke

2D971606-4DF1-4152-9DC8-2C21E15A7E0B.jpeg

80569F47-3936-4ACE-B08A-ACC9B873A106.jpeg

Max looked outclassed, his cardio and chin were keeping him in that fight. Better fighter won.

Max needs to change the camp or invite some new striking coaches. He needs to tighten up his defense and use way more angles when backing away. He cant just try and walk people down like he tried with Dustin and keep eating punches. I am affraid if he does not do that his career will be soon over.

I personally think that there should be a stipulation in the rules that a ref can allow the fighters to fight beyond the bell if a tight submission is in place. That shit looked tight, and Dustin got out not through defense but because the bell rang. I hate that. I want to see him escape and save himself. It's entirely possible that he couldn't have done it and he would have lost.

It was a war..... back and forth. Had Max been declared the winner It would have been allright as well. Dustin won and that’s not a robbery at all. The judges chose power and damage over volume and pace.

Calling someone a douchebag will not likely convince them that you are correct.

Asshat is the way to go.

way to encourage a healthy discussion.

not sure where dustin said he was on the verge of quitting- please link that clip.

i did hear dustin say in a post fight interview that he knew the round was close to being over, so he offered little resistance, knowing max wouldnt be able to finish him.

That choke was in tight as fuck and woulda got the tap had he had the time. Dustin still fucked Max up to hell and back so no woulda/coulda’s....

How did anyone score if for Max? I gave him one round, maybe two
With RD1 being a 10-8(down to interpretation)
It was a great back and forth but the winner was clear

I’m not sure if Max would of completed it but he is very good with the darce, he subbed Swanson and Filli with it I believe
Dustin was in survival mode then

Back