How About RDA vs Barboza

heavyarms21

Ryozanpaku Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
RDA wasn't the champ long enough to get one of those coveted immediate rematches, that and kinda got overwhelmed in a Flurry. So that leaves either Khabib or Ferguson lined up for the next shot. I think Ferguson has the better claim with his more recent streak and Khabib has become a question mark to me with his injury luck. I think Barboza vs RDA would be a hell of a striking Match.

Chiesa doesn't deserve that high ranked opponent just yet and he would get slaughtered at this point
7-2 in UFC with tons of finishes + TUF record. I don't see how he doesn't deserve to fight RDA, who lost in the first round, not in a close fight

7-2 in UFC with tons of finishes + TUF record. I don't see how he doesn't deserve to fight RDA, who lost in the first round, not in a close fight
agreed. chiesa is a very over looked and underrated stud in the light weight division.

just wish he could get a rematch with lauzon and have a chance to erase that loss via cut. that fight was fireworks from start to when the doctor ended it.

Well, sure give him a shot. He'll get murdered unless he has seriously improved his stand up

Well, sure give him a shot. He'll get murdered unless he has seriously improved his stand up
He was scheduled to fight with Tony, i believe with win he could have gotten ts in his pocket too

He was scheduled to fight with Tony, i believe with win he could have gotten ts in his pocket too
He has very good submissions but his stand up is so bad that he won't be able to stand w/ the top dogs in a long time and he can't rely on his ground game against top 5 opponents

watch his fights from tuf to now, and i am sure you will seen a huge improvement in his stand up and overall game. he literally does improve with leaps and bounds every fight.

watch his fights from tuf to now, and i am sure you will seen a huge improvement in his stand up and overall game. he literally does improve with leaps and bounds every fight.
I picked him to defeat Dariush via Submission but i wasn't impressed at his overall skills after that fight taking in notice that he is a top 10 fighter, supposedly in the most high level MMA organization and LIGHTWEIGHT division which is full of savages

I picked him to defeat Dariush via Submission but i wasn't impressed at his overall skills after that fight taking in notice that he is a top 10 fighter, supposedly in the most high level MMA organization and LIGHTWEIGHT division which is full of savages
Fair enough. I don't remember that fight too well. Will probably watch it shortly after posting this. But I think he will be able to hang with the top guys at 155 and can pose a threat to anyone he faces standing, on the ground and in the clinch. Time will tell.

Back