How about Michael Johnson vs Thiago Alves

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Thiago Alves is comming down to 155. Why not make him vs Michael Johnson?

Lol. Alves barely makes 170, no way he makes 155.

I like it, but MJ is legit top 5. I don't think Alves should get such a high ranked opponent in his first fight. If he can even make the weight.

Let's not pretend that MJ lost that fight.

I like it, but MJ is legit top 5. I don't think Alves should get such a high ranked opponent in his first fight. If he can even make the weight.

Let's not pretend that MJ lost that fight.

But he just lost a no name fighter

Thiago said he want to fight again this year. And he is dropping to 155. So this would be a nice fight for him IMO.

Michael would outclass him with volume. Literally run circles around him.

Good fight but I expect Alves will fight someone lower ranked.

Johnson is too high on the rankings and he should have won the last fight.

What about Alves vs Trujillo?

How the fuck is Alves gonna make 155?? That's crazy but exciting.

Would be a good fight. Then again it depends on if you treat MJs last fight as a loss or not.
But yeah even if you say MJ won it would still be at least an ok fight for him since Alves has name recognition and for Alves it would be a good fight.
Condit and Mj have about the same position in their respective divisions so it would show where Alves is at and if the move down made sense

Unless Alves started cutting muscle mass the second he walked out of the cage with Condit we aren't gonna see him in the cage at 155 this year. He is a very heavy WW. He had to drop muscle mass just to make 170 consistently, he has documented weight issues... I am skeptical on the move. Do I think he would fare better at LW? Yes... but he needs to get there slowly to keep his health up to par.

Back