How about JDS vs Browne?

JDS is in a hard situation. Clearly the 2nd best guy in the division but loses 66 percent of the time to the champ.

He will derail possible contenders to Cain which makes him a conflict of interest to the UFC. With the UFC HW div being thin, he needs to take on mid tier guys coming off losses.

Browne could be a viable match up to regain his credentials, but I think JDS finishes him.

Wouldn't mind a JDS vs AA fight if he gets past Schaub.

I think this fight makes sense not only entertainment wise, but divisionally as well.

Neither guy should get a title shot with just one win at this point, so let them fight each other... and as you suggested let the winner fight AA/Schaub or Hunt, as a title eliminator.

JDS via rd 1 KO. Browne is solid, but not THAT solid.

Agreed. I don't see any chance of him bullying JDS in the clinch or being able to use his reach with Junior's superior boxing.

JDS puts his lights out. May even be Struve-level highlight IMO.

I think this fight makes sense not only entertainment wise, but divisionally as well.

Neither guy should get a title shot with just one win at this point, so let them fight each other... and as you suggested let the winner fight AA/Schaub or Hunt, as a title eliminator.

JDS has run out of title shots ( at least v Cain).

And he is favored against anyone else in the division. That's why he's in a hard spot. The UFC won't want to derail contenders to Cain but the division is so thin he has to face mid tier guys that may not have a shot of being a contender.

The UFC HW is just too thin to have JDS stand as a gate keeper.

Awesome fight but yeah Browne is coming off a dismantling. I badly wanted to see Browne vs Mitrione personally.

I'd love to watch Browne get KOd again. Make it happen!

JDS has run out of title shots ( at least v Cain).

And he is favored against anyone else in the division. That's why he's in a hard spot. The UFC won't want to derail contenders to Cain but the division is so thin he has to face mid tier guys that may not have a shot of being a contender.

The UFC HW is just too thin to have JDS stand as a gate keeper.

To be fair, he's only lost one title shot against Cain.

JDS via rd 1 KO. Browne is solid, but not THAT solid.

Is it punishment for JDS calling out Stipe?

JDS and Browne are neighbors in rankings, but JDS needs less risk for a return fight after destruction.

JDS should be saved in case Werdum beats Cain. Then Werdum v. JDS!

Browne got beat up bad by Werdum who is not known for his stand-up, and you want him to fight JDS next? Do you want him dead?

It is a matchup that makes lots of sense for the most part. Two top five HWs in a thin division. I'd say the biggest issue is the likely outcome is a JDS victory, which sets Browne back even further. He may have just lost to Werdum, but if Cain beats Werdum, Browne probably emerges as the most logical contender again.

Back