How about Ferguson vs Masvidal at catch weight

I know many people are skeptical about things Dana says, but is there even the smallest shred of evidence that a 165 lb division is even being considered by the UFC?
It's sheer bullshit. Apart from there being precisely zero evidence, there's also the fact that in order to fill that division Dana would need to dilute the most and the second most competitive divisions in the UFC. It's just bad business, as the two divisions would lose some hype.

Some might argue that Dana would make a 165lb division just to crown Conor as a champ, but the fact is that there are plenty of 155-ers and 170lb fighters who would strangle him at that weight (even if we remove the 155 and 170 champs out of the equation).

that is the one area Dana is really dumb.

A re-aligning 155, 165 and 175 divisions would certainly be a good move as their is so much depth in the 155 and 170 division you would have 3 legit champs with leigt contenders to build out more cards and many more opportunities for Super fights across those divisions.

it would also make sense to do 185, 210, 235 and Open Weight just based on the categories being better but a legit argument against it is those divisions struggle with depth now so why add more.

that is the one area Dana is really dumb.

A re-aligning 155, 165 and 175 divisions would certainly be a good move as their is so much depth in the 155 and 170 division you would have 3 legit champs with leigt contenders to build out more cards and many more opportunities for Super fights across those divisions.

it would also make sense to do 185, 210, 235 and Open Weight just based on the categories being better but a legit argument against it is those divisions struggle with depth now so why add more.
There is no such thing as too much depth in a division. The deeper a division is in regards to talent, the more prestigious the corresponding belt becomes. I see people complaining about belts being "meaningless", which is nonsense, yet some of you want to make the belts actually less meaningful by diluting talent pools and thus reducing the quality of opposition a champ has to fight.

Why can't they fight contenders in their weight classes?
Both deserve a title shot now, so I don't see a point in booking a LW vs WW fight

Winner gets title shot in his division {tho tony deserves it anyway}
thats a crazy fight, who you got?

A 170 fighter fighting a 155 fighter at catch weight, winner gets title shot?

{<huh}

There is no such thing as too much depth in a division. The deeper a division is in regards to talent, the more prestigious the corresponding belt becomes. I see people complaining about belts being "meaningless", which is nonsense, yet some of you want to make the belts actually less meaningful by diluting talent pools and thus reducing the quality of opposition a champ has to fight.

You are not following my point.

I am not arguing immense depth hurts any division. it is a good thing and why LW and WW have, for so long always generated great matchups.

What I am saying is that if you split the two (155 and 170) basically into 3 divisions (155, 165, 175) you would still have great depth in all three. You would still have worthy champs at the top of all 3 and you would still have great contenders challenging them in all 3. It would only benefit the UFC as they would have the ability to build more main cards headline matches around more great comp.

Look at it another way. If you merged 155 and 170 now into one division at 165lbs, you would only add to the depth of that division as most 170 fighters would move down and many fighting at 155 would move up. You can argue that would make the 165lb division better but I am saying that does not help the UFC. They can have two solid champs of two solid divisions and that is what the sport needs more. More quality champs headlining more quality divisions especially with the inconsistency they are getting at MW and above continually.

Jorge one of the few guys Tony can't break.
dlqllw9kody11.jpg

Back