How about Barnett vs Gonzaga/Rothwell winner?

rlm81

Black Belt
Reaction score
How about having one of those two welcoming Barnett to the UFC?

Barnett vs Gonzaga would be a sick match and I don't know who to pick.

That's actually a pretty nice idea. I'd take Gonzaga over Barnett by submission if they fought and I'd take Barnett over Rothwell by decision.

Good idea.

Who does JDS fights then next? Overeem if he loses to Big Foot? Thats highly unlikely that he'll lose...lol

why not JDS vs Barnett?

Barnett versus Gonzaga sounds nice. I would also be very interested in Barnett vs Werdum or Mir.

I'd take Gonzaga over Barnett by submission if they fought .

I seriously doubt that. I'd take Josh via better cardio and wearing Gonzaga down--the same strategy Randy, Werdum and others have used. Remember, Barnett has never been subbed in MMA, and he fought "prime" Big Nog twice.

While Josh didn't do so well against Cormier, he did prove that he had 5-round cardio. And he probably would've done a bit better if he didn't break his hand in the 1st round.

Good idea.

Who does JDS fights then next? Overeem if he loses to Big Foot? Thats highly unlikely that he'll lose...lol

why not JDS vs Barnett?

JDS would kill Barnett but this actually sounds like a pretty good idea for a rebound fight.

Is this assuming that Barnett is in the company or has something finally been said?

I would Barnett by submission,but Dana White won't give Big Josh another shot.

Why would you have a top five fighter fight an unranked opponent when you suppose to the best fighters in the world? Thats completly insane.

Would be interesting.

I think Barnett/Gonzaga would be amazing in the first round, but Gonzaga would fade a bit as the fight went on and Barnett would take a decision or late TKO.

Barnett is a terrible matchup for Rothwell and would dominate IMO.

I'd like to see Barnett face higher ranked guys, but the division is not deep so whatever.

I feel like Josh Barnett is a much more skilled fighter than both and deserves a higher ranked opponent. I think the winner of Struve/Hunt, Roy Nelson, Travis Brown or Big Foot/Overeem loser are better choices.

Why would you have a top five fighter fight an unranked opponent when you suppose to the best fighters in the world? Thats completly insane.

None of these guys are in the top 5. I'm surprised Barnett's even ranked in the top ten over guys like Nelson and Struve.

Barnett is a twice caught ped'er... Why does anyone want him in the ufc is beyond me.

Is this assuming that Barnett is in the company or has something finally been said?

nothing official but Barnett's bios is currently on UFC.com.

Someone said it was added yesterday I think.

If Barnett comes to the UFC, they are going to be paying him some big bucks. I would assume that with that kind of money he is only going to be fighting the top fighters.

nothing official but Barnett's bios is currently on UFC.com.

Someone said it was added yesterday I think.

He's not listed as a fighter...

34hj8ec.png

Back