How about Assuncao vs Wineland for the next title shot?

Wait to see what the guy that just lost to Easton 6 months ago does? I disagree.

Well for one, Menjivar has won 4 of his last 5 fights and he was hurt pretty early into the Easton fight. Yes, he lost to Mike Easton but one loss doesn't eradicate you from the discussion, especially if you've amassed a nice credit line of success.

None the less, if Menjivar beats Faber, he's on a 2 fight win streak----the exact same length as Eddie Wineland's win streak. He'd have the biggest name and the best fighter out of the two of them and if he were to beat Faber impressively, I see no reason why he wouldn't have the opportunity to leapfrog Wineland or at the very least, put himself in that discussion.

Well for one, Menjivar has won 4 of his last 5 fights and he was hurt pretty early into the Easton fight. Yes, he lost to Mike Easton but one loss doesn't eradicate you from the discussion, especially if you've amassed a nice credit line of success.

None the less, if Menjivar beats Faber, he's on a 2 fight win streak----the exact same length as Eddie Wineland's win streak. He'd have the biggest name and the best fighter out of the two of them and if he were to beat Faber impressively, I see no reason why he wouldn't have the opportunity to leapfrog Wineland or at the very least, put himself in that discussion.
I hadn't realized how soon they were fighting when I responded to you, but still, even if he pulls the upset he just lost to Easton. I don't think he should be fighting for an interim belt yet. I realize Wineland has only won two in a row himself, but it's been a year and a half since his last loss so he's had a lot of time to improve and it's not as fresh in everyone's mind. Menjivar literally has zero notable wins in the UFC right now, he's come up short every time he's had any sort of step up. And if he beats Faber I honestly think it says more about Faber than Menjivar.

Back