How about a sixpack Mark Hunt? (pic)

slowly getting there. what's with these older guys getting in shape these days?

MkQWzsj.jpg

Hope the rumors of Hunt vs. Mitrione are true. Perfect fight for both of them. Don't imagine either of them will be around much longer but I still think Mitrione has a chance to make an impact. Hunt's still very dangerous though.

Fedor tells he's coming back and suddenly everyone is training like crazy...

Huntos over here training at AKA Thailand before his Melbourne fight.

He's going hard, and I've got dibs on his jockstrap after the fight!

Whoa, never seen him like that before.

You have to compare this Hunt to the usual 275+ lb Hunt. This one is noticeably slimmer. Still a fatty, but not as fat.

My point is,he's a pro fighter for what??20+ years??

He had a great career,but it could have been so much better if he really gave a damn.

He's a pro fighter ffs.The ONLY thing you have to do the whole year is train.If you eat properly and train it's impossible to look like he does.Makes me sad to see him like that,but now it's too late anyway.I just wished he had made an effort earlier in his career.

if that's a sixpack then I'm ripped to bits.

My point is,he's a pro fighter for what??20+ years??

He had a great career,but it could have been so much better if he really gave a damn.

He's a pro fighter ffs.The ONLY thing you have to do the whole year is train.If you eat properly and train it's impossible to look like he does.Makes me sad to see him like that,but now it's too late anyway.I just wished he had made an effort earlier in his career.

I'd agree but he and others (Roy Nelson) have had success even while looking like fat slobs. My theory is that they see fighting as something they do for a living instead of as a calling or identity. As in any profession there are those who just come in to work and do their job and there are those who come in looking to impress and get promoted.

He's been fat for so long he'd probably have a bunch of loose skin now anyway.

he got a cringeworthy beating in his last fight, glad to see he seems to be wising up

Hunt actually looked even more fit a few years ago right before he tore his ACL (or something).

Ive heard this said before. About someone having a "big frame". Im fairly certain that this is bro science. What exactly are we referring to as "frame"? Are we suggesting he looks fat because his bones are so massive. I doubt that's the case.

A simple way to determine frame type, at least for upper body, is to measure wrist circumference or elbow breadth (width essentially) and compare that to your height. I would assume this also works for ankles/knees for lower body. There's plenty of resources that will give you reference points on this. So frame does refer to bone size. This kind of ties into other things like shoulder width and chest, waist and hip circumference. Limb length is also a factor.

I have a thick build myself. I'm 5'8 and have a chest circumference that is considered average for someone 6'3. Waist, hips, shoulders and bones big for my height as well. I'm built like a box or a barrel really. Lol. My dad, his dad, and one of my cousins on that side are similar. Compare hunt to struve. Hunt probably has bigger wrists, chest, etc. at the skeletal level and he's like a foot shorter. He's definitely bigger relative to their heights. So while hunt is not in prime shape, his frame certainly plays a role in his look.

You realize how fat you are is 100% determined by the food you eat? Age has nothing at all to do with it. As people get older they might get lazier and care less, but again it all comes back to their diet.

While it is certainly still a matter of the calories consumed vs. burned equation, metabolism starts to decline at 25 and can drop somewhere between 2 and 4% per year, so age does play a role. It requires more effort to maintain or lose weight as a person gets older.

Last edited:
Back