Social How 1 man convinced 200 KKK members to give up their robes.ir

Maybe if it had anything to do with what anyone actually said or was talking about, sure.

Obviously I get and somewhat agree with what you're saying. But it came out of no where and was ultra partisan. That's my issue, as always.

Hmm. What do you understand "partisan" to mean?

He does not have a point. Part of the story is that this very good man is being attacked by Antifa. That should not hurt your feelings or his. No one is downplaying how despicable the fucking Klan is. But the fact is that a certain group was attacking this guy....and they are also scum

You seemed to even disagree with his dumb post until he tried to rally you. There is no substance to his silly childish attack and you are to good a guy to fall for this silly shit

Klan is A+ fucking scum while Antifa is B- fickimg scum. Does that make u feel better. Must every damn poster scream that before they can even comment on this subject

Dude, I understand he may align with you on most subjects. But for Gods sake, you have to call an asshole an asshole
Its not really a part of the story though. To be fair I haven't listened to the NPR piece but the article does not mention Antifa once, it really seems like @ElKarlo wanted to shoehorn in some reference to the Antifa boogeyman.
And now this guy is lying about my point (while illustrating my actual point perfectly). @Kafir-kun, you see why diplomacy is a waste here? The guy isn't interested in good-faith discussion. Also @LogicalInsanity, do you want to defend EK now?
You kind of started it. Let's look at your first post in response to ElKarlo
The funny thing is that if he were posting here, a lot of you guys would say he's Antifa because he opposes the Klan. There's a lesson in that.
You already lumped him in with these hypothetical offenders. Look I think there's truth to the idea that some people are so sensitive to any kind of anti-racism that they'd jump right to the Antifa boogeyman. Heck ElKarlo himself felt the need to mention Antifa despite it not really being a relevant part of the story. But if you're going to start pointing fingers at people for hypothetical offenses then expect them to get defensive. If you had been more vague and worded it in a way that didn't necessarily include ElKarlo(like "some right wingers might lump Davis with Antifa just for his anti-racism work") that'd be a different story and if ElKarlo got defensive towards that he'd have only himself to blame.

A lot of KKK members nowadays probably come from the most ignorant, backwards and uneducated parts of the country, where silliness like the KKK tends to be reinforced by group-think. Makes sense that one decent guy talking to them, would probably change their minds.

It's not really rocket science, a lot of people hold dumb beliefs because nobody has talked them out of it. That's why we tell kids to not do dumb shit, for example.

I think it comes down to whether you want a fair approach or an effective one. These guys have bad ideas. They weren't born with them, but they probably started learning them soon after birth. They have to be defeated, of course, but they can also be educated. It's a really hard process, but to the extent that it happens, it's good for society. I don't think anyone expects any random individual to have to take on that burden, but when someone does and does it well, that's worth applauding.

Jack, this is well thought out and effectively communicated. Nicely done.

Its not really a part of the story though. To be fair I haven't listened to the NPR piece but the article does not mention Antifa once, it really seems like @ElKarlo wanted to shoehorn in some reference to the Antifa boogeyman.

I'm not denying that I think that EK makes that error and is dim and unable to engage in serious discussion, etc. I was saying, like, hey, you see the problem with that behavior (that you and others engage in all the time). Maybe this can be a breakthrough.

You already lumped him in with these hypothetical offenders.

I will say explicitly that EK is one of those offenders. He does try to link open borders and Antifa support and other fringe stuff to the mainstream. IMO, that's exactly why he went the route of simply responding with personal attacks (he can see it's a good point but doesn't want to admit it).

Look I think there's truth to the idea that some people are so sensitive to any kind of anti-racism that they'd jump right to the Antifa boogeyman. Heck ElKarlo himself felt the need to mention Antifa despite it not really being a relevant part of the story. But if you're going to start pointing fingers at people for hypothetical offenses then expect them to get defensive. If you had been more vague and worded it in a way that didn't necessarily include ElKarlo(like "some right wingers might lump Davis with Antifa just for his anti-racism work") that'd be a different story and if ElKarlo got defensive towards that he'd have only himself to blame.

Sure. He's going to get defensive. But he doesn't have to get so defensive that he can't discuss the issue rationally.

Its not really a part of the story though. To be faamp

I haven't listened to the NPR piece but the article does not mention Antifa once, it really seems like @ElKarlo wanted to shoehorn in some reference to the Antifa boogeyman.

You already lumped him in with these hypothetical offenders. Look I think there's truth to the idea that some people are so sensitive to any kind of anti-racism that they'd jump right to the Antifa boogeyman. Heck ElKarlo himself felt the need to mention Antifa despite it not really being a relevant part of the story. But if you're going to start pointing fingers at people for hypothetical offenses then expect them to get defensive. If you had been more vague and worded it in a way that didn't necessarily include ElKarlo(like "some right wingers might lump Davis with Antifa just for his anti-racism work") that'd be a different story and if ElKarlo got defensive towards that he'd have only himself to blame.
Not sure why you're saying I'm wrong
https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/07/antifa-black-man-white-supremacist/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th.../antifa-calls-black-man-white-supremacist/amp

The second has a quote of Daryl saying that antifa called him a white supremacist. This happened. I said antifa harassed him, they did. How am I wrong about that?

Back