Social How 1 man convinced 200 KKK members to give up their robes.ir

No you didn't. You did the equivalent of throwing a beer in my face while I was kidding my business. You then proceeded to say that I am an awful person and declare victory.

One can easily check through the thread and see that you're lying.

Everyone witnessing this exchange clearly sees you alin the wrong. The fact that you don't see that makes me feel bad for you. As I've said, economically, you're very intelligent

"Everyone" = people who see themselves in the comment and are upset about it, no? The facts are what they are.

One can easily check through the thread and see that you're lying.

"Everyone" = people who see themselves in the comment and are upset about it, no? The facts are what they are.

What is your point of contention here? Pretty much everyone in this thread commends the guy for doing this and we share our antipathy for the KKK.

I think this is one of the very few threads in the war room that all sides of the political spectrum agree on.

What is your issue with @ElKarlo ?

What is your point of contention here? Pretty much everyone in this thread commends the guy for doing this and we share our antipathy for the KKK.

I think this is one of the very few threads in the war room that all sides of the political spectrum agree on.

What is your issue with @ElKarlo ?

I commented that the guy being called a racist by Antifa is exactly like a lot of right-wing posters here trying to associate anyone who disagrees with them (or expresses anti-racist views) with extreme elements on the left. I noted that there's a lesson in there (some people have a hard time getting why behavior is bad unless it directly affects them). Maybe try to understand that there's more nuance in political groupings than many of you appreciate and try to understand people on their own terms. EK didn't say what he thought was wrong with that but started spewing personal attacks. And, more generally, that's his approach in most threads--"you're wrong but I refuse to say why, but fuck you." I think he's actually a lot like the Klansfolk in that he's been indoctrinated into a view (hatred of liberals, I'd guess, rather than ethnic minorities) and isn't really able to think critically about it. There's a general issue with the right not being able to engage with disagreement in a productive way.

Here is a guy who is trying to do good in the world and break down racism yet antifa are calling him a white supremacist for doing so!

Wikipedia explains part of his story as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Davis

A few years later, Davis decided he wanted to interview Klan members and write a book on the subject. He had a "question in my head from the age of 10: 'Why do you hate me when you know nothing about me?' That question had never been answered from my youth."

In meeting with the Imperial Wizard of the KKK in Maryland, Roger Kelly, he concealed his race before the interview.

"My secretary called him, and I told her, 'do not tell Roger Kelly I'm black. Just tell him I am writing a book on the Klan.' I wanted her to call because she's white. I knew enough about the mentality of the Klan that they would never think a white woman would work for a black man. She called him and he didn't ask what color I was, so we arranged to meet at a motel."
The meeting was tense. Kelly arrived at the motel with a bodyguard dressed in military style fatigues and armed with a gun. Davis became friends with Kelly, with Davis later invited by Kelly to be his daughter's godfather. When Kelly left the Klan, he gave his robe to Davis, who hopes to one day display it in a "Museum of the Klan".

This guy is a true American hero.

I commented that the guy being called a racist by Antifa is exactly like a lot of right-wing posters here trying to associate anyone who disagrees with them (or expresses anti-racist views) with extreme elements on the left. I noted that there's a lesson in there (some people have a hard time getting why behavior is bad unless it directly affects them). Maybe try to understand that there's more nuance in political groupings than many of you appreciate and try to understand people on their own terms. EK didn't say what he thought was wrong with that but started spewing personal attacks. And, more generally, that's his approach in most threads--"you're wrong but I refuse to say why, but fuck you." I think he's actually a lot like the Klansfolk in that he's been indoctrinated into a view (hatred of liberals, I'd guess, rather than ethnic minorities) and isn't really able to think critically about it. There's a general issue with the right not being able to engage with disagreement in a productive way.

Yup. 3 posters by years end will be the max that can actually stand this guy.

Will eventually never leave the Lounge....pretty close right now actually

Thread is about an exceptional person who is being unfairly labeled a racist by an extreme organization. Most everyone in thread commends the dude and disagrees with the extreme group.

A hyperpartisan poster gets his feels hurt because that extreme group is being mocked so he lashes out like a child at others in his first post. That poster is slapped down from both sides so he cries victim and lashes out more with the usual standard insults. That poster even replies to posts mocking his childish tantrum as if those posters somehow agree with his behavior

Some dudes really live in a dreamlike state

Thread is about an exceptional person who is being unfairly labeled a racist by an extreme organization. Most everyone in thread commends the dude and disagrees with the extreme group.

A hyperpartisan poster gets his feels hurt because that extreme group is being mocked so he lashes out like a child at others in his first post. That poster is slapped down from both sides so he cries victim and lashes out more with the usual standard insults. That poster even replies to posts mocking his childish tantrum as if those posters somehow agree with his behavior

Some dudes really live in a dreamlike state
He has a point. Even in a thread about the klan somehow Antifa gets brought up as the boogeyman. But could he be more diplomatic about it? Definitely.

He has a point. Even in a thread about the klan somehow Antifa gets brought up as the boogeyman. But could he be more diplomatic about it? Definitely.

Diplomacy is a mistake when you're talking about people who have no interest in good-faith discussions. These guys are just raging partisans hoping for a team-building session. And I believe SBJJ is retarded. Not saying that like an insult, but I genuinely think that the guy is mentally handicapped.

Diplomacy is a mistake when you're talking about people who have no interest in good-faith discussions. These guys are just raging partisans hoping for a team-building session.

C'mon dude, everyone is praising this guy..and @ElKarlo is definitely one of the less volatile posters here.

there is no "team building" here. I mean, if we're team building against the KKK or Anti-FA, then yea...I think we're all on the same side.

That being said...

this guy is awesome.

fu*k the KKK

and fu*k Antifa.

Diplomacy is a mistake when you're talking about people who have no interest in good-faith discussions. These guys are just raging partisans hoping for a team-building session. And I believe SBJJ is retarded. Not saying that like an insult, but I genuinely think that the guy is mentally handicapped.
You're snapping, Jack. Someone mentions antifa protesting, @7437 verifies it, then you go on a hyper partisan rant that has nothing to do with the topic or the great man it's about. And then always include personal insults.

The real question is
giphy.gif

He does not have a point. Part of the story is that this very good man is being attacked by Antifa. That should not hurt your feelings or his. No one is downplaying how despicable the fucking Klan is. But the fact is that a certain group was attacking this guy....and they are also scum

You seemed to even disagree with his dumb post until he tried to rally you. There is no substance to his silly childish attack and you are to good a guy to fall for this silly shit

Klan is A+ fucking scum while Antifa is B- fickimg scum. Does that make u feel better. Must every damn poster scream that before they can even comment on this subject

Dude, I understand he may align with you on most subjects. But for Gods sake, you have to call an asshole an asshole

Surprised it actually took you this long to scream retard.

Watching you spiral into a mixture of piss and cellulite is actually entertaining. You may actually have 5 people still who take you serious. With 2 of them locked in the Lounge 23 of 24 hours. Only able to hit the GP for 1 hour a day.

By the way, you done any sweet stalking lately? You seem to really like to stalk those you deem retarded. Kinda creepy.

Jack the retard Stalker

You're snapping, Jack. Someone mentions antifa protesting, @7437 verifies it, then you go on a hyper partisan rant that has nothing to do with the topic or the great man it's about. And then always include personal insults.

The real question is
giphy.gif

His feels were hurt when Antifa was attacked

His feels were hurt when Antifa was attacked
Indeed. He feels that I'd be against this guy soley based on the fact that he is anti klan. What I don't like is how antifa thinks everyone is the Klan and attacks them, which is an attack on free speech. Somehow Jack thinks me being against antifa means I think the Klan is good. Guy makes massive leaps of judgment, and assigns that to his opponents, gets smug and calls us partisans. It's gotten old and he really needs to stop, as I definitely stopped respecting his posts. He's basically on ignore now

He shouldn't have done that , that was the wrong thing to do.

i kid

Indeed. He feels that I'd be against this guy soley based on the fact that he is anti klan. What I don't like is how antifa thinks everyone is the Klan and attacks them, which is an attack on free speech. Somehow Jack thinks me being against antifa means I think the Klan is good. Guy makes massive leaps of judgment, and assigns that to his opponents, gets smug and calls us partisans. It's gotten old and he really needs to stop, as I definitely stopped respecting his posts. He's basically on ignore now

He will slither away then pop into the Lounge to proclaim how retarded everyone is

He's like a cartoon character at this point

C'mon dude, everyone is praising this guy..and @ElKarlo is definitely one of the less volatile posters here.

there is no "team building" here. I mean, if we're team building against the KKK or Anti-FA, then yea...I think we're all on the same side.

I don't know about "volatile," but he's another mindless partisan who doesn't seriously engage ideas.

The real question is

Classic. I make the point that Antifa idiots calling this guy a racist is exactly like WR idiots tying everyone on the left to Antifa or other extremists ... and someone suggests that that's a "partisan rant" that suggests that *I'm* pro-Antifa. Perfect illustration of my point. :)

And now this guy is lying about my point (while illustrating my actual point perfectly). @Kafir-kun, you see why diplomacy is a waste here? The guy isn't interested in good-faith discussion. Also @LogicalInsanity, do you want to defend EK now?

He does not have a point. Part of the story is that this very good man is being attacked by Antifa. That should not hurt your feelings or his.

A good man is attacked by Antifa in exactly the same way as good people are attacked by GOP partisans by being lumped in with Antifa. As I said, you guys should learn a lesson from that.

How the hell did a thread about a feel good story where a universally respected guy makes impactful, positive changes turn into a finger pointing poo flinging fest? Just take the good and run with it FFS.

I saw Accidental Courtesy maybe a year ago and have nothing but respect for Mr. Davis. The focus of the thread should be on that dude, not tilting at windmills.
It became a partisan thing like ' see you right wingers love your racism and don't like this" attitude.

This is awesome this should be happening a lot more and on a higher level this guy should teach others in different cities to do this. Imagine no KKK at all that would be awesome.

Back