Social House floor erupts after GOP lawmaker shouts ‘Go back to Puerto Rico’

I wanna seem some congressional brawls. Like in Korean they have some dudes hitting some legit judo throws in their Parliament. I want that

I agree with your statement then. Anyone can notice something but leftists really seem to love to cry racism every single chance they get.

I don't like racism as much as anyone else btw. I've gone to alt right channels and debated them. Partly to learn what they think and partly to tell them off.
Is it crying racism where it doesn't exist though?
From where I'm sitting, too many incidents, too much benefit of doubts that are no longer deserved.
Republicans keep stumbling/directly walking into their own messes on the issue of racism.

There used to be this adage about impropriety and avoiding even the appearance of it. Same can be applied to comments that can easily be interpreted as racist and inflammatory.

If it's near the line, don't say it. Be aware of the location of the line, it's the application of our cultural yardstick and that takes adjusting to as it morphs with the country.

And good Lord, a man in his position ought to know better than to say something so stupid, and he knew it.

Is it crying racism where it doesn't exist though?
From where I'm sitting, too many incidents, too much benefit of doubts that are no longer deserved.
Republicans keep stumbling/directly walking into their own messes on the issue of racism.

There used to be this adage about impropriety and avoiding even the appearance of it. Same can be applied to comments that can easily be interpreted as racist and inflammatory.

If it's near the line, don't say it. Be aware of the location of the line, it's the application of our cultural yardstick and that takes adjusting to as it morphs with the country.

And good Lord, a man in his position ought to know better than to say something so stupid, and he knew it.

Mike pence talked about that.

Of course the Republican congressman was referring to the Puerto Rico junket. It is silly to suggest otherwise. Do all brown people look alike to liberals?

missouri gonna missouri

Why do you guys want him punished? He already represents Missouri......

He gets to not live there because of his job. Sounds pretty good.

He still has to talk to people from Missouri from time to time, though. Punishment enough.

How are any of these comments less offensive then denigrating Puerto Rico, Mexico, China, etc?

Is this supposed to be a sarcastic comment?

Nope.
This isn't like "when did white supremacy become a bad thing?"
Given the circumstances (the PR holiday) this really just comes across as intentionally misconstruing the intent behind someone's words so as to undermine their team.
It might not be, but considering the knee-jerk fashion with which left-leaning Americans race-bait (that weatherman story, and the CNN legal analyst, for examples from within the last week or so) this is just sounding like over-enthused racist-hunters looking for bigots in the shadow of every problem that they don't have the wherewithal to confront.

I told someone to 'go back to Canada' the other day, because she studied there for a while. I didn't say it because I hate white people.

Last edited:
Of course the Republican congressman was referring to the Puerto Rico junket. It is silly to suggest otherwise. Do all brown people look alike to liberals?

How are any of these comments less offensive then denigrating Puerto Rico, Mexico, China, etc?
fuckin baby
<BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1><BronTroll1>

And this is why people hate PC culture now. Say something that can be interpreted as racist when told out of context and get attacked by ravenous wolves.

I wanna seem some congressional brawls. Like in Korean they have some dudes hitting some legit judo throws in their Parliament. I want that
Our Congress people are too old and unathletic.

We need A Level athletes in Congress.

Does what-zer name Jenner qualify as A level still?

I'm hesitant to answer that without knowing which Jenner we're referring to. Post-op Jenner is definitely not an A level athlete.

fuckin baby

Dude I don't get offended over either is the point. A lot of places are shitholes in this world and calling them such is perfectly acceptable. But you can't cry over one and claim outage while throwing snide comments over the other and not be a giant hypocrite.

Probably what he meant too.
It was a big story of Dems vacationing in Puerto Rico.

hello grizzard2bid,

like i said, if that's what he meant, it was an incredibly boneheaded way to phrase it.

would it have been so hard to say, "go back on vacation"?

politically, just a very moronic thing to do.

- IGIT

Back