Law House Democrats to Unveil $760 Billion Infrastructure Plan

Come on bob, you know a lot of that stuff was going on already when Trump came into office. The energy independence is pretty much a direct result of Obama supporting shale and natural gas, while he was also bombing the shit out of ISIS. I'll give Trump credit for bringing North America back to the bargaining table, though I admit ignorance as to what the long term results will be.

You do realize Obama was arming jihadists in Syria that they knew were fighting alongside Isis, right?

Infrastructure is free shit now? You drive on roads right? This is the kind of spending I'm ok with, we pay for it.

I mean, really, you're already paying for that with gasoline taxes. Now they're going to hit you with more taxes because they've squandered the money you've already given them over the years. I think the additional taxes is really the only argument against infrastructure bills...and it's really not against fixing the infrastructure, but more about not allowing the government to waste money and then ask us for more.

We're kind of screwed either way because we need to have roads in good condition, so we'll keep paying with a "go fuck yourself" grin on our faces...because we really don't have much of a choice.

Back in reality,

Isis - bombed the shit out of
Renegotiated NAFTA
Chinese trade deal
Not only the wall, but made Mexico the wall, and law changes to benefit our immigration system
The best numbers of our lifetime-CNBC
Shaped the courts for a generation
Energy independence (and $2.50 gas his whole damn term)

Trumps economy smashes the left’s pipe dream of free shit and no work.
Doesn't change the fact that trump has broken more campaign promises than he has kept. Nice dodge.

Democrats will also renew calls for bipartisan talks with the White House to forge an agreement on infrastructure, the aide said, including a mechanism to pay for it. But after they struck an initial deal with Mr. Trump last spring to pursue a $2 trillion package, talks faltered over how to finance the initiative, and the president stormed out of a meeting on the topic, declaring that he could not work with Democrats until they stopped investigating him.
Homeboy could just declare a national emergency or nah?

then why not help trump with his Trillion+ infrastructure plan?

they don’t want to give the president any victories so we all suffer

Wait, what?

Did he need Dems for his tax break?

Why didn't he pass the infastructure bill the first two years when reps had control of house, Senate, and presidency?

The democrats have been working and trying to push policy since they won the house.

The republicans (Mitch and others like him) don’t want to govern though and kill everything.

This is politics in America. The GOP won’t and can’t govern and have no policy to speak of besides tax cuts for the wealthy.

They’re a worthless political party

Yeah, the Republicans have the GOAT job. All they have to do is wait for the Democrats to come up with a plan, and then all they have to do is respond with a "lol No, commie."
Where is the Republican plan on the climate, student debt, healthcare, or immigration?
It's tax cuts and abortion over and over and over again.
If the Democrats are so crazy and inept, why don't the Republicans EVER have a plan on anything?

At the same time, I'm all for meaninful spending like this that will ACTUALLY make MAGA. But the majority of the Democrats in the House also just approved $738 billion dollars on the military.
You can't approve that, and then a month later try and get another 700+ billion dollars for another project.
That's why I hate this "free ______" rhetoric, and I wish Bernie would stop saying it too.
It isn't free. We are paying for it. But we need to re-prioritize how we're using tax payer money.
If we didn't spend $700 billion dollars on a military, we would have that money to pay for shit like infrastructure, healthcare, and education.

Doesn't change the fact that trump has broken more campaign promises than he has kept. Nice dodge.

Trump has legitimately fulfilled more campaign promises than any president in my adult life.

Your post is false, as usual.

Trump has legitimately fulfilled more campaign promises than any president in my adult life.

Your post is false, as usual.
Moving the goal posts as usual. Try to stay on point if you can Bob.. Still broken more promises than kept and promised things he knew were unrealistic. So why do you only slam the dems and defend your orange idol?

Moving the goal posts as usual. Try to stay on point if you can Bob.. Still broken more promises than kept and promised things he knew were unrealistic. So why do you only slam the dems and defend your orange idol?

List specific claims.

Lastly let’s be clear, you were the one that started off making false claims, I corrected you, now this is your attempt at backpedaling.

List specific claims.

Lastly let’s be clear, you were the one that started off making false claims, I corrected you, now this is your attempt at backpedaling.
I didn't make false claims and you didn't correct anything lol.
You slammed the dems for making unrealistic promises they can't keep. I merely pointed out that trump also does the same.
As usual you went into full defense mode and started moving the goal posts.

I didn't make false claims and you didn't correct anything lol.
You slammed the dems for making unrealistic promises they can't keep. I merely pointed out that trump also does the same.
As usual you went into full defense mode and started moving the goal posts.

Are you retarded? You attempted pointing out at Trump doing the same, except you failed it miserably.

For instance, Trump promised to build a wall, which is currently under construction. He promised to make Mexico pay for it, they are absolutely contributing to it (by placing their military on the border, enforcing immigration law, etc), in fact, their actions are literally more important than a wall. Not only these two facts, but also he’s gone above and beyond what he promised by making substantial changes to immigration policy.

Let’s contrasts with the Democrats, who are currently running on giving away $60 trillion worth of free shit, they know they can’t pay for it, they know they can’t push the legislation through, they are literally the pipe dream party.

You do realize Obama was arming jihadists in Syria that they knew were fighting alongside Isis, right?
Sure, and then bombing them. It's not a perfect system.

Sure, and then bombing them. It's not a perfect system.

Except, he really wasn’t.

He allowed them to grow, he allowed them to remain where they were useful to him, and he contributed to the genocide of half a million Syrians.

Are you retarded? You attempted pointing out at Trump doing the same, except you failed it miserably.

For instance, Trump promised to build a wall, which is currently under construction. He promised to make Mexico pay for it, they are absolutely contributing to it (by placing their military on the border, enforcing immigration law, etc), in fact, their actions are literally more important than a wall. Not only these two facts, but also he’s gone above and beyond what he promised by making substantial changes to immigration policy.

Let’s contrasts with the Democrats, who are currently running on giving away $60 trillion worth of free shit, they know they can’t pay for it, they know they can’t push the legislation through, they are literally the pipe dream party.

Mexico is not paying for the wall you fucking hack.. Moving the goal posts as usual with Mexican military involvement lol.

Plenty of campaign promises he has not kept. Some of them quite expensive.

Better healthcare that covers everyone at a fraction of the cost.
4% economic growth pr year
Drain the swamp
Eliminate the debt in 8 years
Bringing back manufacturing jobs on a large scale
Trillion dollar infrastructure plan

But brown man bad so Trump good. You are fucking pathetic.

<{cruzshake}>

I was literally just chilling with my lifelong friend. A rare good job having, informed Bernie Bro.

We were talking about the dem primary. I told him to enjoy the excitement as I left.

Why would I be scared about a failed Sanders presidency? It will turn off a generation of progressives.

And make no mistake, there is no way he can pass everything he’s promising.

How is that different than any other candidate’s promises?

It’s relevant. Dems are promising the moon if they win the presidency. Now they’re promising infrastructure too?

Is there anything they aren’t promising that will be paid for with imaginary money?

How was Trump planning on paying for his trillion dollar infrastructure deal? Also not all dems are promising free stuff, only the progressives.

I mean, really, you're already paying for that with gasoline taxes. Now they're going to hit you with more taxes because they've squandered the money you've already given them over the years. I think the additional taxes is really the only argument against infrastructure bills...and it's really not against fixing the infrastructure, but more about not allowing the government to waste money and then ask us for more.

We're kind of screwed either way because we need to have roads in good condition, so we'll keep paying with a "go fuck yourself" grin on our faces...because we really don't have much of a choice.

I know this better than anyone. I live in California and we just had another gas tax added recently and I have no clue where that money is going. I'm just saying I'd rather they spend money on infrastructure than a huge military budget or a border wall.

Dems are showing they’re ready to get to work after the election, with important legislation on the docket. That’s smart. Always be ready to govern.
But we have a plan to replace Obamacare. And it's better than Obamacare trust us

I know this better than anyone. I live in California and we just had another gas tax added recently and I have no clue where that money is going. I'm just saying I'd rather they spend money on infrastructure than a huge military budget or a border wall.

I can definitely see that angle. I know you guys are getting well and truly raped on gasoline taxes out there...holy shit! North Carolina is pretty bad as well. People who live near the North Carolina / South Carolina border will drive across into South Carolina to fill up as it's like $.15 cheaper per gallon in South Carolina.

Gas-Tax-July-2019-fv-01.png

Holy shit...$.61 per gallon in California?? God damn that's fucking insane! This is why it costs $500 to rent a UHaul when leaving California, and $1000 when entering California. haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back