Hot weahter people check in looking for non melting low volume supplement

yocan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm looking at going to California for training. I currenntly want to gain around 8 lbs, and am looking at being in California in 2 weeks. I can usually get to a PX at least every two weeks. I'm looking for something that doesn't take up a lot of room, no big jugs due to logistic reasons that is a protein supplement and preferably one that has high calories, low sugar. But heres the kicker I'm going to be in very hot weather, a lot.

Oh and after reading that article about the lead in the Chinese sourced protein supplements scared me away from muscle milk I think permenantly... would prefer american made. If its a powder I could put 2 weeks worth in a quart sized container (canteen) that would work. Or bars, and I don't mind mildly expensive. The way I think though different brands have different things in them so a couple good ones to alternate would be nice.

Any suggestions? Toss stuff out there that doesn't have a serious melting problem, or dense powders. I'll do a lot of research before I buy something. I plan on doing this until early december then slowing down because in Afghanistan I don't believe I will be able to get anything like this I don't bring with me.

For everyone saying eat more and stuff... I'm goingn to be eating MREs 5 or 6 days a week, so this has the potential to help out.

California, hot weather? HaHaHa! I live in Arizona and half of my training is outdoors.

virtually every protein powder is going to have the exact same "density". There is no form of "more dense" whey protein. Read the ingredients on whey protein containers, especially the "natural" ones, the list isn't long and if it is it is only flavour and texture enhancers - which don't take up much space. Any meal replacement one will have more simple sugars and maybe some fats.

those big tubs? that's the smallest you'll get. the smaller containers will only have less total volume, but the same grams of protein per serving. so by using a smaller container you'll only get less servings. there is no form of whey protein that will give you significantly more grams per serving than any other form.

read any label and usually it will say one serving is about 27g of the product, and will have 23-25g of protein. 27g of protein powder will always take up the same amount of space, there is no "dense" version.

Uust try to get all the air out of it to make it as compressed as usual. Throw it in a ziploc bag and squeeze the air out and you will have the protein in about as small a volume as you can.

Uust try to get all the air out of it to make it as compressed as usual. Throw it in a ziploc bag and squeeze the air out and you will have the protein in about as small a volume as you can.

this is a much better answer than mine. just put the protein powder into ziplock baggies.

Back