Hot take: no cards will break 1 million buys this year

Sucks for them that Conor retires right when they need a big ppv from him to drive up ESPN subscriptions.

I think that people will be surprised at the numbers Khabib pulls post McGregor.

I have an idea, let the ppvs be free, and stream it on all platforms including youtube.. easily break 1-3m average.

Who cares about ppv sales... I just want to see the best fighting the best. Leave ppv popularity contest to the casuals.

It would be a good deal , but the quality of cards aren’t shit . Viewership will fall . It’s a new product so people are excited . Investment must be returned

No Conor, No Brock, DC Scared of Jones, there are no 1 mil buy potentials even on the roster. Khabib vs Ferguson is a solid 500k. Jones vs another C tier opponent possibly 300-400K. That's about your max on buys this year unless they stack multiple title fights on one card for new years or something.
they already projected that PPV sales will dip because of the ESPN+ requirement. It's factored into their finances yet they're still doing it. I wonder what the long term play is.

Khabib does 1m.

Also Jon Jones and DC almost make it. Jon made 800k last December.

No Conor, No Brock, DC Scared of Jones, there are no 1 mil buy potentials even on the roster. Khabib vs Ferguson is a solid 500k. Jones vs another C tier opponent possibly 300-400K. That's about your max on buys this year unless they stack multiple title fights on one card for new years or something.
Why u care about? You got % from each ppv?

DC vs Brock could if it’s promoted right. Have it promoted all over ESPN, and cut Vince McMahon a piece of the pie to have DC show up on wwe tv. Than you have Paul Heyman get involved and have him cut promos all over media.

They'll be down just from people being too lazy to sign up for espn+. Also we probably won't be getting PPV numbers anymore so this post is kind of unverifiable.

Don’t own stock in the company, so don’t care.

Until Conor comes out of retirement and breaks 10m. He's following the Mayweather payday route. Smart man!!

Back