Hot and humid weather sucks

I lived in Banff for a year and there was a period of time when the daily high didn't exceed -25C for 10 (or maybe 14 days) IIRC.
It started Sunday evening and slowly got colder and colder.

It is supposed to start "warming' up Thursday (by warming I mean a not -30 but like low 20s).

Pretty brutal out. Work got cancelled yesterday and today.

Lol I don’t miss Calgary
At this point it's pretty much all of Alberta and Sask that are this cold.

I now know what my grandparents meant when they said it's so cold I ache - I was having aches yesterday and I will assume today.

getting old <{cruzshake}> just not worth it. LOL

Lol at living in Calgary. And global warming aside, this is probably the mildest winter I've ever experienced in Ontario

Here in Toronto it feels like fall. Best winter ever lol

I actually prefer the cold & snow than very hot and humid weather, so I feel for the TS.

I lived in Bangkok for 3 years and I agree. Now I’m down in Florida and I feel the same way, but this is only for work, so another 2 years and I’m done. I will retire back in Canada. I love having seasons, and yes even winter.
I don't mind snow and reasonable cold.

But when it's this cold it's just really too much.

I actually prefer the cold & snow than very hot and humid weather, so I feel for the TS.
True you can always just get heaters and stay in and warm up - or drink a coffee or something. I cannot sleep if it's too hot.

Extremes in temperature is not fun either way (too cold or too warm).

I don't mind snow and reasonable cold.

But when it's this cold it's just really too much.

Lived in Australia for a year and realized I'll take the cold over the hot any day of the week. Step outside in Perth in the Australian summer and your t-shirt would be soaked from sweat in 10min + you feel lethargic as shit when it gets hot. Cold at least for me tends to have the opposite effect.

But anyway AB these days goes through a cold snap that seems to last 1-2 weeks and then it's done. Next week it's supposed to be -4C or something like that.

It started Sunday evening and slowly got colder and colder.

It is supposed to start "warming' up Thursday (by warming I mean a not -30 but like low 20s).

Pretty brutal out. Work got cancelled yesterday and today.
From my understanding, this year the jet stream hasn't been dropping South at all, trapping all of the cold air up there. It is super cold in Alaska this winter too. I think that supposed to change soon as I saw that temps are going to start dropping in Chicago and out East in the next few days.

Calgary weather isn’t for timid

Yeah, I was raised there. Now at my age I’ve figured out I want a better, frostbite free life for my family.

At this point it's pretty much all of Alberta and Sask that are this cold.

I now know what my grandparents meant when they said it's so cold I ache - I was having aches yesterday and I will assume today.

getting old <{cruzshake}> just not worth it. LOL

Welcome to old age, man. BC isn’t much better, but the deep freeze is supposed to end after the weekend.

He’d never leave.
images

<BC1>

Currently in Australia but I'm from England. I've lived in Canada for a year also.

I think it's just me but I don't mind the weather. I would rather take a -30 Toronto day or a 40 degree day in Queensland, Australia over a 10 degree, always cloudy, wet England in the winter. Hell, England in the summer isn't great either. I've been in Australia since August and it's probably rained just over 10 times. And that includes spells of rain that last an hour.

Bad and good for both. Heat, you can still do stuff. It's good for your joints, you don't ache as often as you would in the cold. I hate sleeping in the warmth so that's my biggest thing.

In the cold, it's fine as you just wrap up if outside but the biggest thing for me is travel. I'm not just talking about England cold either where there are times in the winter trains get cancelled because of "leaves" or shops and office shut down as we get less than an inch of snow. When it's past -15 say, not in ENgland, perhaps in Scotland though, when you get a lot of snow it disrupts travel, it can ball up the smallest of plans.

I loved winter and cold places but being in Australia has changed that. I do like living in a warm place and I get the frustrations that it brings but it's the same for really cold weather. I'd pick both over a typical English month though. Even in the summer it can rain for weeks. What a joke.

Currently in Australia but I'm from England. I've lived in Canada for a year also.

I think it's just me but I don't mind the weather. I would rather take a -30 Toronto day or a 40 degree day in Queensland, Australia over a 10 degree, always cloudy, wet England in the winter. Hell, England in the summer isn't great either. I've been in Australia since August and it's probably rained just over 10 times. And that includes spells of rain that last an hour.

Bad and good for both. Heat, you can still do stuff. It's good for your joints, you don't ache as often as you would in the cold. I hate sleeping in the warmth so that's my biggest thing.

In the cold, it's fine as you just wrap up if outside but the biggest thing for me is travel. I'm not just talking about England cold either where there are times in the winter trains get cancelled because of "leaves" or shops and office shut down as we get less than an inch of snow. When it's past -15 say, not in ENgland, perhaps in Scotland though, when you get a lot of snow it disrupts travel, it can ball up the smallest of plans.

I loved winter and cold places but being in Australia has changed that. I do like living in a warm place and I get the frustrations that it brings but it's the same for really cold weather. I'd pick both over a typical English month though. Even in the summer it can rain for weeks. What a joke.
Its really not that good men, australia is ok but im from the interior of brazil and its horrible, you get tired by only walking a little bit its hot and very very humid and there isnt any ocean around so there is no brease. Its like living in a sauna 24/7

Its really not that good men, australia is ok but im from the interior of brazil and its horrible, you get tired by only walking a little bit its hot and very very humid and there isnt any ocean around so there is no brease. Its like living in a sauna 24/7

Did you just use google translate?

Rather live in -15c than 38c

Getting different seasons is good for me

I live in a hell of a place thats hot basically all year long, we get 3 months of normal weather and 9 months of temperatures in the 90's and humidity always above 50%, you cannot go out at certain times of the day because you will fell sick. At least people here are cool

It's like -3 where I live. So, ya know.... Go fornicate yourself and your weather.

Back