Hory is 3-4 against common opponents with Woodley

GSP is undefeated against people who beat Woodley. 4-0 against common opponents. Woodley only managed 3-1.

GSP still GOAT confirmed.

You can live in the past if u want
Isnt that what you just did with those stats? If they fight again i would still favor Rory over Woodley, im not sure how he wasnt the favorite against Maia or Till tho.

Rory would still take Woodley to school.

Tyron still has the bad habits that allowed Rory to beat him. Bad matchup.

At least Rory never ducked Lombard like Tyrun "Bad for my Brand" Woodley.

Their careers have clearly gone in different directions since they fought. I still think Woodley's style can be exploited by the right type of gameplan, but he's gotten better, and I think the mileage is really adding up for MacDonald.

I think Rory's best days are behind him while Woodley is at his apex.

MMA is filled with victories that wouldn't repeat. In this case we have two high level athletes, much closer in competition, so it's not shocking, but there are certainly graver cases, Stipe Struve as mentioned, but what about one of Arlovskis early losses to Datsik? Or GSP to Serra? Or Wonderboy to Matt Brown? Or Shogun to Sonnen?

It would be a long list.
Rory's only 29! Give him a couple more years anyway before you start to write about his decline. Have you actually noticed a decline? I sure haven't.

Go throw on Rory vs Lima.

Rory's still got his soul. And a whole lot of heart too.

I'd take Rory in the rematch, he's just a bad matchup for Tyron.
I watched that fight live and wasn’t that impressed. The Rory who beat Tyron would’ve 50-45’d Lima, not been on the brink of defeat with one leg.

Wins

Daley
Saffiedine
Maia

Losses

Condit
Lawlerx2
Wonderboy

Woodley is 6-0-1 in those fights

He has only had more impressive performances than Woodley against Daley and Saffiedine. Woodley had the better performances against all other opponents they have in common. Hory had a FOTN with Maia where he arguably got 10-8 in the 1st and practically mounted the whole round. Maia was lighting him up standing early too. Woodley shut Maia out 5-0, knocked him down and stuffed over 20 TDs

You can live in the past if u want, like Struve KOing Stipe, Duffy finishing Conor, Pickett shutting out Demetrious etc. But Woodley is easily the best WW in the world right now

this is exactly why MMA MATH cant be used , he matches up very well against woodley. and made it look easy. this does not mean he beats so and so, or that woodley is not a great fighter

So people who point out that Woodley was destroyed by Rory are living in the past, but you use MMAMATH based on even older fights to argue Woodley is better?

So essentially you are arguing MMA math is more reliable determining who the better fighter is even when the two guys already fought and the guy you say is better was dominated?

Wins

Daley
Saffiedine
Maia

Losses

Condit
Lawlerx2
Wonderboy

He has only had more impressive performances than Woodley against Daley and Saffiedine. Woodley had the better performances against all other opponents they have in common. Hory had a FOTN with Maia where he arguably got 10-8 in the 1st and practically mounted the whole round. Maia was lighting him up standing early too. Woodley shut Maia out 5-0, knocked him down and stuffed over 20 TDs

You can live in the past if u want, like Struve KOing Stipe, Duffy finishing Conor, Pickett shutting out Demetrious etc. But Woodley is easily the best WW in the world right now

I don’t like Woodley, but you’re right.

Should've spelled it "Whorey" if you were trying to be insulting

Hopefully, Rory can be a successful defending UFC champion one day.

Rory's loss against Condit almost shouldn't count, Imo. He was green as hell back then.

When Max Holloway loses to Conor 5 years ago, it was a "long time ago"...when MacDonald beats Woodley 9 months after the Holloway-McGregor fight, it's still relevant LOL.

And don't talk about age- Tyron has improved significantly as a fighter, especially as a striker. Starching the guy who beat Rory twice, and then nullifying Thompson's striking in 50 minutes of fighting.

I'm a fan of both Woodley and MacDonald, but people need to quit with these double standards.

Wins

Daley
Saffiedine
Maia

Losses

Condit
Lawlerx2
Wonderboy

The end result matters, don't get me wrong... but the only common opponent they have that really made it look like there was any sort of significant skill gap between the two was Wonderboy. Styles make fights, as they say, and that is as true of the respective Wonderboy match-ups and the head to head match-up alike.

Yo man, the replacing R with H thing is really played out.

Hope this helps !

Back