Horrible physique please help

giphy.gif
flex-flexing.gif

Oh yeah 100%. Im a vegetarian too, so my meals now just consist of rice and potatos for my carbs and then just different types of beans and legumes. Thats all i eat for 3 meals apart from either GF cereal or Oats in the morning. But i 100% get what u mean.

So, you say you're a vegetarian.

That is maybe one of the reasons you're skinny fat.

Most vegetarian men look weak.

We were hunter gatherers, so we are build to eat meat.

We are omnivores. So, being a vegetarian does not make sense.

I'm currently 6 foot 2 with a terrible physique. I am badly skinny fat weighing in around 84KG. I don't have any muscle anywhere yet a bunch of fat around the midsection.

Im a vegetarian too, so my meals now just consist of rice and potatos for my carbs and then just different types of beans and legumes.

Everyone after reading these posts in succession:

it-figures-donald-trump.gif

Oh yeah 100%. Im a vegetarian too, so my meals now just consist of rice and potatos for my carbs and then just different types of beans and legumes. Thats all i eat for 3 meals apart from either GF cereal or Oats in the morning. But i 100% get what u mean.
New account with 5 posts? This has to be a troll job.

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum, and had a look around the FAQ's, stickies and even seen some other posts for some advice, but its not quite what im looking for.

I'm new to Muay Thai, and i want to take it seriously. I'm currently 6 foot 2 with a terrible physique. I am badly skinny fat weighing in around 84KG. I don't have any muscle anywhere yet a bunch of fat around the midsection. my diet is now spot-on and i'm comfortable with maintaining my diet. i just found out im coeliac (gluten intolerant), so im forced to eat healthy anyway.

Anyway, my question is there is so much conflicting advice out there and i dont know what to do. I want a nice muscular physique, without hindering my Muay Thai performance (or even helping it). How do i do this? I used to go gym years ago, and my body responded best with full-body workouts. Do i follow a bodybuilding hypertrophy approach, strength training, powerlifting, strength&conditiong??? i've been dropping a bunch of fat because i've fixed my diet, and im starting to look super skinny in my regular clothes, so i imagine my natural (bulked up) weight is going to be around the 95kg+ mark?

If you could recommend, or help me build a routine i would be really grateful. I'm sick of having this terrible physique, and i want to make a change but i dont know where to start.

Thanks in advance for the advice
A.
If you want full body workouts and simplicity, try swimming. Not just lap swim but short sprints with paddles and fins. Swimming with paddles will build your upper body very quickly. Freestyle and breastroke will make you jacked and lean.

lol don't let them bully you.
Your diet could use some work, just cause you're not eating junk food doesn't mean you're eating healthy. Are you vegan? If not you should have an easy time adding a variety of proteins.

Ditching 'junk' and eating clean is a great move, so good for you...but IMHO, that diet regimen does not sound terribly healthy (or sustainable). You need fruit and veggies in there, especially for micronutrients...and just beans and legumes will probably make it tough to get anything close to optimal protein intake.

I gave up most meat a while back, but not fish or dairy (I still eat eggs, cheese, and yogurt). If someone is going full vegetarian (and especially vegan), I think they should strongly consider nutritional testing and careful supplementation.

That sucks. Who forced you into that shitty way of life as your body was growing and developing?

Yeahh i know. My parents are vegetarian and brought me up that way. Never touched meat and probs never will. Im not one of those hippie vegans. Im happy for whoever to eat whatever the fuck they want, but for me im stuck as a vegetarian for now. I have a decent frame, wide shoulders and small waist. Just this skinny fat dilemma.

lol don't let them bully you.
Your diet could use some work, just cause you're not eating junk food doesn't mean you're eating healthy. Are you vegan? If not you should have an easy time adding a variety of proteins.

Naa i know some people dont understand vegans and vegetarians, but i dont take it to heart haha. Not vegan, i eat dairy. I have my protein shake, i stay away from too much soy cause of the estrogen links, but most of my protein is coming from kidney beans, lentils etc.

Ditching 'junk' and eating clean is a great move, so good for you...but IMHO, that diet regimen does not sound terribly healthy (or sustainable). You need fruit and veggies in there, especially for micronutrients...and just beans and legumes will probably make it tough to get anything close to optimal protein intake.

I gave up most meat a while back, but not fish or dairy (I still eat eggs, cheese, and yogurt). If someone is going full vegetarian (and especially vegan), I think they should strongly consider nutritional testing and careful supplementation.

Yeah ive looked at my vitamins and supps and all im taking for now is vitamin d, k2, b12, creatine and BCAA's. Im vegetarian and eat diary apart from eggs and fish. See, most of my protein comes from beans and legumes. I dont mind upping my diary at all to help get my protein in, but i am abit careful with how much diary im consuming. I have a whey protein shake every evening too.

Yeahh i know. My parents are vegetarian and brought me up that way. Never touched meat and probs never will. Im not one of those hippie vegans. Im happy for whoever to eat whatever the fuck they want, but for me im stuck as a vegetarian for now. I have a decent frame, wide shoulders and small waist. Just this skinny fat dilemma.
Probably just start steroids now, then. I'd wager your testosterone is already low.

Probably just start steroids now, then. I'd wager your testosterone is already low.
Lol. Ngl i did think about it, but il probs give it a year before i start doing any of that. If i dont see no improvement at all after a year of solid lifting and proper diet and sleep, why not? I wanna make sure theres no hope at all first <45>

Back