HORIGUCHI vs FIGUEIREDO

If it’s not in the UFC Gucci wins.

For some reason every great Japanese Fighter can’t win the big UFC fights

I love Horiguchi, but Fig is way too big and powerful.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Who takes it? I gotta go with horiguchi. Yeah he got ko his last fight against a big dude. But I think horiguchi can UD the current flyweight champ because he’s more evasive...it’s too bad we will never know

He's more evasive, yet he got KTFO by some unranked guy in Rizin

Ok

I'd take horiguchi, maybe, probably.
But I wish we could have horiguchi, dj, cejudo and Fig in the same division. That shit would be lit as fuck.

No. DJ was poison for that division. Now that he is gone it can grow.

Bontorin got injured and then Kape did too, fight is off.

Horiguchi destroyed his knee last year and has only just started proper training again, not sure what gave you the idea he was ducking anyone

“My reaction is that Horiguchi is a pussy. I’ve had a lot of injuries too, my knees, my shoulders, my neck. He knows that this fight is very important for him, it’s for the belt, so he’s ran away. It doesn’t matter if you have injuries, this is not a normal fight; it’s for the belt.

“I have a lot of injuries. Even in my last fight, I had to switch my side on fight week, because my left shoulder was not so good, but I still fought because it doesn’t matter if I have an injury. Horiguchi ran away from this fight because he didn’t want it, he wasn’t ready for this match.” - Manel Kape

source:https://thebodylockmma.com/rizin/manel-kape-blasts-kyoji-horiguchi-for-relinquishing-titles/

Horiguchi > Kape - 2017

Asakura > Kape - 2018

but

Asakura > Horiguchi - 2019

Kape > Asakura - 2019

I was so excited for his debut but still Stipe vs DC will be banger !

“My reaction is that Horiguchi is a pussy. I’ve had a lot of injuries too, my knees, my shoulders, my neck. He knows that this fight is very important for him, it’s for the belt, so he’s ran away. It doesn’t matter if you have injuries, this is not a normal fight; it’s for the belt.

“I have a lot of injuries. Even in my last fight, I had to switch my side on fight week, because my left shoulder was not so good, but I still fought because it doesn’t matter if I have an injury. Horiguchi ran away from this fight because he didn’t want it, he wasn’t ready for this match.” - Manel Kape

source:https://thebodylockmma.com/rizin/manel-kape-blasts-kyoji-horiguchi-for-relinquishing-titles/

Horiguchi > Kape - 2017

Asakura > Kape - 2018

but

Asakura > Horiguchi - 2019

Kape > Asakura - 2019

I was so excited for his debut but still Stipe vs DC will be banger !
Kape saying some dumb stuff there. Horiguchi's knee was busted and he still did the Caldwell and Asakura fights before he got surgery. Horiguchi is a gladiator and gave years of his career for RIZIN.

Kape saying some dumb stuff there. Horiguchi's knee was busted and he still did the Caldwell and Asakura fights before he got surgery. Horiguchi is a gladiator and gave years of his career for RIZIN.
I only said that i think Kape is actually in better position after his win over Asakura and i believe that he will beat Figueiredo

Wrong! Dj was the GOAT and it's everyone else's fault for not levelling up. Simple.

He almost sank the division. The UFC was going to get rid of it entirely until Cejudo saved it. Be glad it is still around, DJ would kill it again if he came back.

Most of Horiguchi's fights have been at BW. Have you seen his fights outside the UFC?
Yes I have. But I consider Fig better/more powerful than the likes of Ougikubo, Ishiwatari, Tokoro, Kape etc. Beating up Joe B back to back like that is arguably more impressive than beating Caldwell twice.

Isn't Horiguchi out with a torn ACL? If so, I'll see how he looks coming back first. It's a coin flip how people come back from those

This guy isn't anywhere near as good though. Using a big fighter to discredit my post is moronic.

Size plus quality
lol you must be a casual. Caldwell is fucking legit. and id put money on him to clown fig

Yes I have. But I consider Fig better/more powerful than the likes of Ougikubo, Ishiwatari, Tokoro, Kape etc. Beating up Joe B back to back like that is arguably more impressive than beating Caldwell twice.
Benavidez was a good match-up for Figueiredo. Caldwell was a very tough stylistic match-up for Horiguchi and Horiguchi was able to beat him in a ring and a cage.

Back