HORIGUCHI vs FIGUEIREDO

muaytao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who takes it? I gotta go with horiguchi. Yeah he got ko his last fight against a big dude. But I think horiguchi can UD the current flyweight champ because he’s more evasive...it’s too bad we will never know

I'd like Cejudo vs Fig more.

I love Horiguchi, but Fig is way too big and powerful.
Horiguchi beat this guy twice. Are you kidding me?

darrion-caldwell-kyoji-horiguchi-bellator-222-ceremonial-weigh-ins1.jpg

Gooch is more skilled but Fig is too monstrous physically

Iron chin and insane power

Who takes it? I gotta go with horiguchi. Yeah he got ko his last fight against a big dude. But I think horiguchi can UD the current flyweight champ because he’s more evasive...it’s too bad we will never know

Thread title made me think of Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics...

"Guchi v. figueiredo
Magnifico-o-o-o"

Weird...

Think Horiguchi can take it by fighting smart and avoiding all the power of Fig... if not Fig with a brutal finish.

horiguchi's standup (footwork, combinatons, all technique) is on a different level from figueiredo
&
figueiredo's style is mma standup, his advantage is power/size
he hasn't fought anyone with exceptional standup, benavidez is so-so.. and i think ppl are overrating figueiredo based on that

both guys would keep it standing

in most cases, the guy with better skill/timing wins = horiguchi

This guy isn't anywhere near as good though. Using a big fighter to discredit my post is moronic.

Size plus quality

no, have even seen caldwell fight?
he's a beast
all around skills, bellator champ
ncaa d1 wrestling champion, 2x all american credentials, 3x nj state champ
despite his massive size adv over horiguchi, horiguchi played him 2x

I'd favor Guchi, but I wouldn't bet on it

I was just thinking about this fight earlier today.

This guy isn't anywhere near as good though. Using a big fighter to discredit my post is moronic.

Size plus quality
Caldwell has walked through every single one of his opponents he's fought, other than Horiguchi. He just dominated undefeated Borics at 145. Are you a moron?

Figuerido got dominated by Formiga and won a robbery against Brooks. Caldwell would be favoured to beat him if they fought today.

Do you not realize Caldwell was the favorite to win both fights against Horiguchi?

Last edited:
Back