Hopkins vs Joppy OR Ward vs Green

AstrelONE

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Which was the more masterful display of rugged infighting?

Hopkins' in-fighting in his prime was smoother and nicer to watch than Ward's and Joppy was better than Green, so I'll go with Hopkins. Both were very one-sided demonstrations on the inside.

It's kind of amusing to see how as time went by fighters focused more and more on headhunting, leaving what used to be the grittiest, most animal aspect of the game to those who are actually the smartest guys in the game. Guys like Hopkins and Ward, those who always give a thought to what will actually disturb their opponents the most.

Last edited:
Poor Joppy got beat by both Trinidad and Hopkins like he stole something, I think Hopkins’ performance was better, Joppy was a better caliber than Green,
good thread, I remember how Hopkins rearranged Joppy’s face
william-joppy-shows-the-signs-of-battle-on-his-face-after-dropping-a-picture-id118648061

The thing I like most about this thread is how dismissive many people generally are of bhop these days, defaulting to “dirty” or quit when he fell out of the ring.

He chewed Joppy up methodically. In the sport center era, that fight isn’t as 10 second clip impressive though as tarver jones. Head hunting makes for great sport center highlights.

I think the era that grew up watching sport center and then became athletes, in all sports, changed the way they focused their game and celebrated.

/old man rant

Joppy looked like a bobble head after that fight

The thing I like most about this thread is how dismissive many people generally are of bhop these days, defaulting to “dirty” or quit when he fell out of the ring.

He chewed Joppy up methodically. In the sport center era, that fight isn’t as 10 second clip impressive though as tarver jones. Head hunting makes for great sport center highlights.

I think the era that grew up watching sport center and then became athletes, in all sports, changed the way they focused their game and celebrated.

/old man rant
Funny i actually heard Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman mention Joppy recently within the last year, in regards to some recent fight.

Back