Hopkins vs. Calzaghe,does Bernard defy the odds?

spiralingintro

White Belt
Reaction score
The World Championship Light Heavy weight boxing match between Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe is fast approaching,April 19. Bernard is now 43 years old , Joe is 37(?) and at the top of his game. Can Bernard possibly beat the fast southpaw from Wales? If he does,could he be the greatest boxer of our time?
Calzaghe is the reigning super middle weight champ, has been for years. His problem is that he would not fight outside of Europe or the UK. Jeff Lacy was supposed to flatten him with his killer left hooks. Calzghe made him pay,badly. Jeff was/is young and vital and Joe beat the crap out of him. Mikkel Kessler was the most well reguarded contender and Joe beat the crap out of him. Mikkel is a young man also.
Bernard Hopkins is 43 years old. He is the universally recognized Light Heavyweight Champ. He's been fighting professionally for nearly twenty years now. He has slowed down considerably,no longer the Executioner who was intent on ending fights asap. But he is the slickest boxer of our time. He's in excellent shape at all times. This is what he lives for. I beilieve Hopkins will stun the world again! I believe Hopkins is the greastest boxer of our time,and this win will further his legendary status.

I think Benard's the favorite. I mean look at Hop vs Tarver. Hop didnt just beat Tarver, he dominated him. Something nobody expected. Cal is certainly a step up from tarver, but based on how Hop has looked in his past two fights against very good southies, I think he comes in the favorite.

This will go similar to Lacy Vs. Cal
maybe even worse

Come on now.....

Lacy and Hopkins are polar opposites. Regardless of who comes out on top, this fight will look nothing like Lacy/Calzaghe.

Yeah. That was just a stupid comment..lol. Lacy is a power dependent fighter who has nothing else to offer. Hop is a proven diverse fighter. There is no comparison. Cal may win, but it will be a hell of a bout if he does.

Hell ya, B-Hop wins this fight. That speed won't matter when Calzaghe's quickly hitting gloves and/or air and eating punches. Is B-Hop really the dog in this fight? Whats the line?

Yeah. That was just a stupid comment..lol. Lacy is a power dependent fighter who has nothing else to offer. Hop is a proven diverse fighter. There is no comparison. Cal may win, but it will be a hell of a bout if he does.

Agreed...comparing Lacy to Hopkins in any way is beyond ridiculous. In terms of skill, adaptability, style, legacy, experience, etc.

I'd be shocked if Hopkins took this one.

Calzaghe by UD.

Hopkins by headbutts, elbows, groin shots. Ill never bet money against Hopkins.

Hopkins by headbutts, elbows, groin shots. Ill never bet money against Hopkins.

QFMFT! I'm rooting for Calzaghe, but I'd bet on Hopkins. B-Hop will just change up his style to whatever will beat Joe. I think Hopkins will make it look like a Hopkins/robert allen fight.

Hopkins will need to land more than 7-8 punches per round.

Calzaghe retires Hopkins

This would be a fight to bet on the underdog no matter what. I firmly believe Hopkins will win in 8.

The thread starter defies paragraphs and readable posts!! :p

Seriously tho I got Calzaghe via UD, winning rounds via workrate.

I think Benard's the favorite. I mean look at Hop vs Tarver. Hop didnt just beat Tarver, he dominated him. Something nobody expected. Cal is certainly a step up from tarver, but based on how Hop has looked in his past two fights against very good southies, I think he comes in the favorite.

bernie is a 2-1 dog.

I am rooting for Calzaghe, but I have learned over the years to never count Hopkins out of a fight.

I figure that Calzaghe will be a little too busy for the judges to give Hopkins a decision.

Back