Hopkins robbed from a clearly deserved vitory over Calzaghe

Ok i just watched it, it was a good hard shot. Still though the fact that that is all you guys can come up with to prove Joe was a power puncher is pretty hilarious. i mean if he'd have ko'd eubank that would be one thing...but it was just a knockdown ffs. Eubank got right back up.

Ok i just watched it, it was a good hard shot. Still though the fact that that is all you guys can come up with to prove Joe was a power puncher is pretty hilarious. i mean if he'd have ko'd eubank that would be one thing...but it was just a knockdown ffs. Eubank got right back up.

No, you're right.... he's UK's Paulie Malignaggi.

Yeah guy's an idiot. Even after Eubank lost his fire he still had the chin. Never knocked out, stopped once ever (swollen eye) and only knocked down six times in his career (once being a debatable punch to the chest that caught him off balance) not even hard hitting cruiser weight Carl Thompson could knock him out in a one sided beating. For Calzaghe to do what only Nigel Benn, Carl Thompson and Michael Watson could do is testament to his power. Benn hit so hard he put McClellan in a coma for godsakes. And you would never describe Chris as unhittable. Eubank had undoubtedly one of the greatest chins of all time.

And Watson was a hell of a fighter in his own right.

I loved the supermiddleweights on ITV era.

Did you read my post, I already covered this, completely. Can you even read? Nobody knocked out Eubank, EVER. He always got back up. The man had an ungodly chin. What don't you understand about that? Nigel Benn couldn't do it one of the heaviest handed supermiddle weights of all time. Carl Thompson a natural heavy handed cruiserweight, 2 divisions bigger than Eubank couldn't even do it. Just to knock Eubank down is an amazing feat of power.

Would have loved to see Joe in the Super 6. If he won that, then there'd be no doubt where he stood all time.

Did you read my post, I already covered this, completely. Can you even read? Nobody knocked out Eubank, EVER. He always got back up. The man had an ungodly chin. What don't you understand about that? Nigel Benn couldn't do it one of the heaviest handed supermiddle weights of all time. Carl Thompson a natural heavy handed cruiserweight, 2 divisions bigger than Eubank couldn't even do it. Just to knock Eubank down is an amazing feat of power.

Gtfo, knocking down one guy does not mean he had amazing power. Eubank fought in his backyard against a lot of mid to lower level competition right? If your not fighting top dogs consitently than of course your not gonna get put down very often.

Shane Mosely not going down much in his career...now that is impressive cause he fought top guys consitently. Eubank? Eeh.

Gtfo, knocking down one guy does not mean he had amazing power. Eubank fought in his backyard against a lot of mid to lower level competition right? If your not fighting top dogs consitently than of course your not gonna get put down very often.

Shane Mosely not going down much in his career...now that is impressive cause he fought top guys consitently. Eubank? Eeh.

You are an idiot. Totally ignoring the fact that Carl Thompson couldn't KO him, the fact that Nigel Benn couldn't KO him. Tell me was Gerald Mclellan a high enough level for Nigel Benn when he KO'd him and finished his career? The same Gerald Mclellan who KO'd Julian Jackson the hardest p4p puncher of all time after taking his bombs (Gerald had a tremendous chin himself). But in two fights he couldn't do it to Eubank. Nigel Benn and Michael Watson who he beat (twice in Watson's case) were world class fighters. I suppose they didn't hit hard either :rolleyes:

As for Joe himself up until the Eubank fight he had a 95% KO rate in 22 fights! And the one fight he didn't win by KO during that time was against a cruiserweight . It was during the Robin Reid fight that his hands really gave out, he broke his left hand on Robin's concrete block in the 3rd or 4th . He couldn't even spar for his next two bouts. Funny that up until that point he was KO'ing everyone and then after that he adopted the slapping style that he later became infamous for. There is no doubt about it he had power but fragile hands.

Sounds like a bunch of boxing math to me dude. Oh joe had power cause he knocked down this guy who went the distance with Nigel Benn & and Nigel Benn ko'd Mcllelan etc etc. it does not work like that!!

Joe (like alot of guys) was good at koing scrubs & journeyman, but never showed real finishing power at the elite level. That's why you cant name me 1 guy that was elite who got ko'd by Joe. All you can say is "oh he knocked down Eubank!"

It was just a fucking knockdown dude, it was only worth 1 extra point for gods sake.

Sounds like a bunch of boxing math to me dude. Oh joe had power cause he knocked down this guy who went the distance with Nigel Benn & and Nigel Benn ko'd Mcllelan etc etc. it does not work like that!!

Joe (like alot of guys) was good at koing scrubs & journeyman, but never showed real finishing power at the elite level. That's why you cant name me 1 guy that was elite who got ko'd by Joe. All you can say is "oh he knocked down Eubank!"

It was just a fucking knockdown dude, it was only worth 1 extra point for gods sake.

joe was the tyson of the mw division if it werent for his destroyed hands

Haven't watched this fight in ages but I remember it being a clear Calzaghe victory.

Those are legitimate criticisms, and I can't disagree with them. Was it Frank Warren he fought for? They were far happier selling out arenas in the UK than going after the really big names in the US. There was no way they were getting any of the division's top drawing guys over here when they could stay in Vegas and make millions more.

His reluctance to fight outside of the UK was my biggest criticism of Calzaghe and the reason why I was never a fan. Very good boxer though. I wish he and Froch fought before he called it a day, seeing Froch get owned would've been great.

It would of been a more decisive victory if Hopkins hadn't turned down a career high pay day when they were were both prime.

Same applies for RJJ, another fighter who turned prime Joe down.

dude, just stop. It's been pages of this shit. Get over it.

Back