Hopkins robbed from a clearly deserved vitory over Calzaghe

There's no way in hell Shane won that fight. I scored that fight the other night. Gave oscar 4 out of the first 6, then split the last 6.

115-113 oscar. Close but clear decision.

I always thought Shane never looked too good at 154 and up. He got too bulky upper body and slowed him down as a fighter. He would load up and look for one big shot.

At 147 and lower he threw combinations and was much quicker. The first oscar bout Shane rightfully one.

Shane pre-Vernon Forrest I was always a fun guy to watch. After that first fight with Vernon he never was quite as exciting.

One thing worth noting now is that Calzaghe was actually more past it than Hopkins was despite the age. People forget that Joe's hands were completely knackered, he could barely throw a punch properly, and this is a man who built a reputation in both the amateurs and the pros for having some serious power. It was only when his hands let him down that he began to be known as a slapper.

So, I was just rewatching some parts of it for fun, and searched if there was a thread here. Was surprised I couldn't find.
So, we all know he was robbed, and I here is a whole clear analysis, with a bunch of qoutes from big figures in boxing agreeing B-Hop won, that someone else has already put up in another forum, easier for me :icon_chee

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470791

who's this "we" ? the judges, most of the media ringside, and the fans all had joe winning.

One thing worth noting now is that Calzaghe was actually more past it than Hopkins was despite the age. People forget that Joe's hands were completely knackered, he could barely throw a punch properly, and this is a man who built a reputation in both the amateurs and the pros for having some serious power. It was only when his hands let him down that he began to be known as a slapper.

Over at ESB someone posted something detailing all of the damage Joe did to his hands and it was pretty nasty.
All of the fractures and breaks.

calzaghe2R2004_468x343.jpg

what a craftsman!

Come on.

I hate when people say a fight was a robbery but then go on to say that the guy who got robbed won by 1 round.

One round different and you had a draw.

It's a robbery because no way Shane won that fight. It's like the Floyd Maidana fight, it was close but clear win for Mayweather. If Marcos would of won, it would of been a robbery too.

From the Hopkins/Calzaghe fight I remember Joe catching Hop with a punch right to his forehead anytime he tried closing the gap between them.

Sounds like an excuse to me, if you ask me he just never had much pop.

Have you seen his ko's? Even early in his career when he fought nobodies he wasnt getting legitment Ko's. Lots of his "Ko's" are ridiculous british stoppages where the opponent wasnt even on the floor when they stopped the fight.

Sounds like an excuse to me, if you ask me he just never had much pop.

Have you seen his ko's? Even early in his career when he fought nobodies he wasnt getting legitment Ko's. Lots of his "Ko's" are ridiculous british stoppages where the opponent wasnt even on the floor when they stopped the fight.

Forgive him, father, for he knows not what he says.

Give me the name of a good fighter he ko'd.

Please just gimme one name im begging you.

Haha

Exactly. He ko'd a bunch of no name bums that are so irrelevant its gonna make your argument look bad to even mention one name.

article-1136843-00064F4D00000258-880_468x286.jpg

calzaghe dropping glass chined nobody eubank.

He dropped him but never came close to finishing him.

That knock down happened early in the fight didnt it? Like the 3rd or something. You've got to come at me with something better than that.

Back