Hopkins robbed from a clearly deserved vitory over Calzaghe

Killer ofTrolls

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, I was just rewatching some parts of it for fun, and searched if there was a thread here. Was surprised I couldn't find.
So, we all know he was robbed, and I here is a whole clear analysis, with a bunch of qoutes from big figures in boxing agreeing B-Hop won, that someone else has already put up in another forum, easier for me :icon_chee

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470791

Not a chance. Hopkins got outlanded and outworked by a big enough margin. Nothing wrong with that decision.

Nope.

Calzaghe out punched him and outworked him. Hopkins did nothing to win that fight and his stalling in the later rounds proves how much he struggled with Joe. I think I scored it 8-4 for Calzaghe, same way Lederman had it.

That was a crappy fight all around.
But there's no denying that Calzaghe did enough to win.

Close fight
Not a a robbery

I had Joseph shading it

No robbery either way.

I think i scored it 114-113 Calzaghe. The 5th round was a swing round definitely that would give Hopkins the win on my card if i gave it to him, which I originally did and then changed my mind. In the end Calzaghe outworked BHop just enough to win. Loosely. I mean, not to trash Joe, but he really did slap his way to a decision in this fight. He is definitely a sloppy fighter to watch, especially compared with a scientist like BHop.

Just about all the quality shots came from Hopkins, he just didnt land a ton in each round.

Lol Calzaghe looked so bad at times...it was a slap festival from him..& most of his slaps didnt even land.

I might even post some gifs for fun later on, cause calzaghe did somethings in that fight that make you think "lol what was that?"

I might even post some gifs for fun later on, cause calzaghe did somethings in that fight that make you think "lol what was that?"

we've all seen it already.
Big whoop.

So he missed some shots.

Sure beats a guy who doesn't even try to punch.

A worst decision is oscar vs Mosley 2.

No way in hell Mosley won that fight. Duane ford strikes again!

i did have hopkins winning but it could have gone either way so no robbery

That one shocked me too.

And I couldn't stand Oscar. Wanted Mosley to win that one, but he lost it.

There's no way in hell Shane won that fight. I scored that fight the other night. Gave oscar 4 out of the first 6, then split the last 6.

115-113 oscar. Close but clear decision.

I always thought Shane never looked too good at 154 and up. He got too bulky upper body and slowed him down as a fighter. He would load up and look for one big shot.

At 147 and lower he threw combinations and was much quicker. The first oscar bout Shane rightfully one.

Bullshit. Flopkins got smacked around and was looking for a way out.

There's no way in hell Shane won that fight. I scored that fight the other night. Gave oscar 4 out of the first 6, then split the last 6.

115-113 oscar. Close but clear decision.

Come on.

I hate when people say a fight was a robbery but then go on to say that the guy who got robbed won by 1 round.

One round different and you had a draw.

Back