1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Hoping this is a sneaky good card

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ThaiPlumRillo, Jul 28, 2021.

1. ThaiPlumRillo Brown Belt

With Alvey and Daukus off the card there goes the two fights besides the main event that seemed like they could be bangers. Now it looks like the Stolze fight is off now which was replacing the original co-main. Still going to watch though of course.

2. The_Renaissance Sherdog Bunceweight Champion

Man, the co-main yesterday was supposed to be two European welterweights coming off a loss, 1-1 and 0-1 in the UFC. It's an appallingly bad card, it wasn't great at full-strength, now it's bush league. I'll watch highlights of the main event but I'd rather spend Sunday cleaning my flat than watching this gash.

SakurabasEar and Marko Polo like this.
  3. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

I'll watch it but I'll watch pretty much anything.

4. MartiniSIDe Purple Belt

Combined with the Bellator card, its a decent night

1. Mckee vs Pitbull
    2. Strickland vs Hall
    3. Sanchez vs Burnell
    4. Yeah...thats pretty much it

Nevermind, this night blows

5. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

Can't wait for the Contender Series this summer, it should hopefully give the roster a jolt of life and leave us with less shitty cards like this one.

6. KingRyan Orange Belt

Bunch of whiners over here wah wah

7. giovanni_ss Taeyeon Belt Staff Member Forum Moderator

That's the beauty of it. You never know. Sometimes the cards that people think is trash on paper turns out to be one hell of a great card. I remember when the Glover/Santos bout got scrapped on a UFN card and Waterson/Hill became the main event, everyone said it's the worst card on paper. But it turns out that the card had a lot of great action, lots of finishes, and a breathtaking-down-to-the-wire main event.

BFoe and Carrotman23 like this.
  8. SakurabasEar >>>>Gracie Killer<<<< Platinum Member

This is probably like the 5th or 5th bad card just in this year alone. Not to disrespect the fighters on the card in anyway, as some are still on the up and up.

But the UFC has to do better than this, last years covid cards were better

9. Kumason MMA freak!

Not the best card, and that's just considering fight nights, it's not even a decent fight night but it's the most unpredictable sport and that's why we love it. Trevin Jones has been looking good, not that he'll be a world beater but I watch PXC, ACA and Deep so i've watched most of his career which just makes it feel more entertaining.The main even I expect neither guy to be pulling the trigger, I feel like it's going to kinda suck and I have little anticipation for it.

Barbarena has turned into a really fun fighter, Cosce brothers were entertaining on the contender so that'll be interesting even though I don't think they will go far at all. I used to have high hopes for Jinh Yu Frey, I thought she had big potential early in her career but she stopped pulling the trigger and improving (at least at a decent rate). Adashev vs Benoit should be fun, Kang and Yahya should be fun grappling exchanges and maybe Yayha will gas for a Kang come back win.

Yeah overall I see mostly meh fights as far as stylistically and action wise but of course who knows. Usually it works out anyway you cut it, at least for me cause I leaned a long time ago to keep my expectations low because fights can be boring even if they look great, people pull out last minute etc. It is what it is, but eh it'll be fun enough.

JoeRowe likes this.
  10. SokoudjouFanboy 39 tried, just 19 succeeded

This. That being said I'll watch it the next day.

This is seldom true (even as someone who's a bit of a Bellator mark) but Bellator's offering this Saturday is pretty clearly the better card.

11. Raymundo Alvarado Guevara Purple Belt

At least the Pitbull fight will deliver

12. Tito Tapped Peanut the Kidnapper

If you are a fan of fighting it's always fun to have fights and you will find moments to enjoy and appreciate.

If you are a fan of popular fighters and social media drama, there isn't much content here for you sorry.

accolyte1022 likes this.
  13. Carrotman23 Of Rivia

Stop being a casual just watch Bellator this weekend . Or even better have both on ;)

ThaiPlumRillo likes this.
  14. ThaiPlumRillo Brown Belt

I forgot the pitbull fight was on Saturday, thought it was Friday so I'll definitely flip back and forth.

15. RonJhun808 All Praise to the One Professional Fighter

You get Kai Kamaka III now.

16. avenue94 Black Belt

What if I'm a fan of watching high level fighting and expect better than regional talent on UFC branded events?

17. vinnie245 Blue Belt

Jared Gooden is now fighting Stolze and looks like the co-main has been changed once again to Kyung Ho Kang vs Rani Yahya