Hoping Gus doesn't look past Rumble

He'll be looking up at stadium lights with dead eyes if he does that....

The blind have seen 1 less top ten win than I have form Gus, cause he has only had the 1. The blind have seen Gus beat as many top fighters as I have. None. They did miss his losses though.

He barely fights, and when he does he makes sure it isnt against top 10 guys. Phil doesnt always look awesome because he has fought a bunch of top 10 and top 5 guys. Gus doesnt fight anybody. He tried like hell to duck rumble.

Wow.. you're such a hater man. What are you going to say when he wins against Rumble. I guess he's overrated as well then?

Alex won against top 5 in Shogun.

He was supposed to fight Mousasi in his hometown but had a freak accident and his eyebrow split up. The comission in Sweden decided to cancel the fight even though everyone protested.

He is the only one to really give Jones a close fight. No one else has challenged the champion in the way he did. If you saw that fight you should be able to draw the conclusion that Alex is deservly ranked #2. I've only checked UFC and Sherdog's ranking but I can't imagine anyone having him any differently ranked.

He was promised a rematch with Jones and finally got it in September but he injured his knee. Cormier jumped in but he got hurt so the fight was pushed back to Janury. Gustafsson obviously could be ready by then so he was pissed of and tried everything in his power to make the fight happen between him and Jones. You think he was afraid of Rumble so he could fight a much more dangerous fighter in Jones right after a knee injury?
Besides, Dana said he didn't even offer Alex a fight with Rumble.

When he obviously accepted that the rematch wasn't going to happen he gladly accepted Rumble's challenge.

Wow.. you're such a hater man. What are you going to say when he wins against Rumble. I guess he's overrated as well then?

He was supposed to fight Mousasi in his hometown but had a freak accident and his eyebrow split up. The comission in Sweden decided to cancel the fight even though everyone protested.

He is the only one to really give Jones a close fight. No one else has challenged the champion in the way he did. If you saw that fight you should be able to draw the conclusion that Alex is deservly ranked #2. I've only checked UFC and Sherdog's ranking but I can't imagine anyone having him any differently ranked.

He was promised a rematch with Jones and finally got it in September but he injured his knee. Cormier jumped in but he got hurt so the fight was pushed back to Janury. Gustafsson obviously could be ready by then so he was pissed of and tried everything in his power to make the fight happen between him and Jones. You think he was afraid of Rumble so he could fight a much more dangerous fighter in Jones right after a knee injury?

When he obviously accepted that the rematch wasn't going to happen he gladly accepted Rumble's challenge.

right, I said the blind have seen 1 less top 10 win from Gus than I have. Shogun 2 years ago.

That was followed by a close loss, some fights that didnt happen, an unranked opponent, and an injury.

Thats a pretty impressive 2 years for the "#1 contender"

I

Shogun wasn't top 5 when Gus beat him.

Gus also thought he had the right to wait after jones vs DC to fight for the title rather than being active and fighting. He also ducked rumble until after the jones vs dc fight was push back into January where as he was forced to take a fight.

Doesn't matter how seriously Gus takes the fight. AJ is going to tag him early, gus will recover, and then AJ spends the rest of the fight wrestle fucking him. It'll be a boring fight outside of the first round but AJ wins this fight 4 out of 5 times.

Gus will then fight DC mid year and he'll have the best fight of his career and win.

AJ will fight Jon and Jones will stop him impressively.

Next year's NYE show will feature Jones/Gus II where Jones eeks out another victory in a five round war. Brutal fight that will send Gus into a career downward spiral.

They'll fight a third time long after their primes when the belts and the fame have long faded away.

Is this your shit analysis, or your jones nut hugging analysis?

Shogun wasn't top 5 when Gus beat him.

Gus also thought he had the right to wait after jones vs DC to fight for the title rather than being active and fighting. He also ducked rumble until after the jones vs dc fight was push back into January where as he was forced to take a fight.

Yes he was.

Of course he wanted to wait for the title. Every fighter should try to get a hold of the title ASAP. That's their goal in this sport. Why risk a fight if they're promised the title shot.

He did say he would fight in the meantime if he didn't get the title shot though. There's a video where he says it somewhere.

right, I said the blind have seen 1 less top 10 win from Gus than I have. Shogun 2 years ago.

That was followed by a close loss, some fights that didnt happen, an unranked opponent, and an injury.

Thats a pretty impressive 2 years for the "#1 contender"

He's ranked #2 because he's the ONLY one to come close to defeating the undefeated champion. How can you not be impressed by that? lol

Now he's fighting Rumble for the #1 contender spot. Will you at least be impressed if he beats Johnson? :D

I think most fans look past Rumble, but not Gus. He must know this is his toughest opponent after Jones.

If Gus manages to lose to Rumble, he would have to go down in rankings. A win over Shogun 2 years ago without any other top wins is not enough to be in top 10.

It does not matter whether a fighter looked better in a fight or just got caught. A loss is a loss.

Wut?

Who has Gus beaten again?

Do you honestly believe, after watching Jones completely fail taking Gus down until he was thrashed, that Davis has any kind of chance against Gus if they fought again? Jesus, you people and your "who has he beat" logic. It's the same logic people used before Shogun vs Jones.

Yes he was.

Of course he wanted to wait for the title. Every fighter should try to get a hold of the title ASAP. That's their goal in this sport. Why risk a fight if they're promised the title shot.

He did say he would fight in the meantime if he didn't get the title shot though. There's a video where he says it somewhere.

No I don't think he was.

Gus wanted to sit on his ass for nearly 2 years to get a rematch. Jones won't be fighting until this fall or winter.

Do you honestly believe, after watching Jones completely fail taking Gus down until he was thrashed, that Davis has any kind of chance against Gus if they fought again? Jesus, you people and your "who has he beat" logic. It's the same logic people used before Shogun vs Jones.

So only Gus has improved and Davis has not or cannot improve? great logic there.

Yes. Davis doesnt do his takedowns anything like Jones does. Without seeing more of Gus fighting top guys ( since he hasnt in a couple years) I see no reason to think he has gotten better.

You have to be incredible stupid and blind if you can't understand that Gustafsson is on another level than Phil Davis now.

Gus has no top 10 wins. If Gus had fought the guys that Phil has we wouldnt be talking about Gus right now.

Gus is definitely looking past Rumble. Gus believes in his own hype that his delusional fans give him. His fight resume is one of the weakest in the division. He hasn't beat anybody noteworthy. When he does fight somebody with skill he loses.

No more Manuwa fights for Gus or anybody that is ready for retirement either.

Phil would choke him out again. Vitor would smash,Machida would wreck him and Sonnen would choke Gus out also.

Rumble has looked like a fuckin' machine since his return to the UFC. I'm sure Gus has noticed and isn't taking him lightly.

He sees it as his toughest fight yet, like always. Gus is not stupid enough to overlook anyone. Especially not Rumble.

Gus has no top 10 wins. If Gus had fought the guys that Phil has we wouldnt be talking about Gus right now.

LOL. You're so crazy. He has one top 5 win, two fringe top 10 wins and soon he'll have a top 3 win. Not to mention he beat up the #1 ranked p4p fighter in the world. Doesn't count for anything though since it was ruled a loss. That lack of nuance just diminish someone is gross.

Back