Hope old JDS shows up again

His arms were too muscular in the Miocic fight, his punches looked slower... Hope he leans up and focus on the speed... And Defense offcourse, his defense is looking terrible.

His arms were too muscular in the Miocic fight, his punches looked slower... Hope he leans up and focus on the speed... And Defense offcourse, his defense is looking terrible.

Yeah that explosive speed of his is imo his biggest athletic asset and it's part of why he's been able to catch guys with flush shots in the past. He also needs to focus more on combinations and bodywork because lately he's been almost exclusively headhunting and actively going for the KO, thus making him more predictable and more easily countered. Power doesn't mean shit if you can't land it and I agree that dropping a bit of muscle would help.(doesn't seem to have much fat he can cut)

I don't fight or train MMA so I'm not quite sure what he needs to do to keep from getting dominated in the clinch but Stipe controlled position against him kinda like Cain.

Unlikely. He seems to fight the way he's always fought and hasn't added anything new to his game. Age, wars have slowed him down so it's not likely we ever see old JDS he sad part is he never tried to become new JDS.

JDS has one of if not the best highlight reels of any fighter

One of the best for sure. But I would say at least fedor and Silva has better. Possibly Machida as well. Silva probably the best there is though, he has some true masterpieces in there

Cain took his soul, still on the wagon though.

He's the same. Cain just exposed him. Just put some pressure on the dude and you will do some good things against him. Even Mir was doing good when he was putting some pressure on him.

He's the same. Cain just exposed him. Just put some pressure on the dude and you will do some good things against him. Even Mir was doing good when he was putting some pressure on him.

Yeah, Cain exposed him as most likely the second greatest HW in the world. Quick, get the man some clothes, he is so exposed and should be embarassed!

JDS is with American Top Team for his full training camp for the Overeem fight. I fully expect to see a good performance from him.

jds is an absolute beast. chin and heart for days

that said he took an inhuman level of damage in his last 2 fights vs cain and vs stipe. he wasnt enduring 5 rounds of gsp or chael on top of you. this is close to 15 rounds of taking HW shots at a staggering rate

i dont think hes going to be as sharp ever again. he could beat werdum imo but he does not need to fight cain again. its just a a bad idea

jds never rly evolved imo, to much trust in chin, heart and power

That gif represents JDS so well. Big smile on his face, welcoming a brawl, being the aggressor, luring his opponent to the counter left hook.

God I love that man.

He aint getting any younger. Im sure old JDS will show up.

I love JDS but that guy has aged so much since the Cain beatings it's amazing. He was a walking zombie in those last 2 fights, he had every chance to change his approach in the 3rd fight and it was even worse. Unfortunately you can't teach an old dog new tricks sometimes

Stipe got beat by a walking zombie. I'm kinda glad he wasn't given a title shot.

giphy.gif

People think that getting your ass beaten a few times changes you for life. It doesn't. You fully heal, almost all of the time.

Get a life please so why all those parkinson thing happens to fighters

I agree with this as well. The two best fighters that JDS fought he didn't do too well. JDS got lit up by the ghost of Crocop a long time ago.

Stipe will get beat by Rothwell really bad. Cain got beat by Werdum.

Werdum has morphed himself into a very well rounded fighter and if he fought JDS again Werdum would tool him.

Get a life please so why all those parkinson thing happens to fighters

You almost never get a neurological disease from a single beating, or even a few of them, especially if they are spaced months apart. The majority of the brain and body damage most fighters deal with is caused in the gym. For every 15-25 minute UFC fight, these fighters are training for hundreds of hours.

You might change your outlook after a loss, or lose motivation/confidence, which will definitely affect your following performance, but rarely are you still damaged form a previous fight.

He has lost two fights... To a guy that beat everyone except him. JDS will be fine though I would love good odds for him vs Overeem. So keep saying he's done please :icon_chee

Stipe will get beat by Rothwell really bad. Cain got beat by Werdum.

Also this as well... Please please please.

Back