Hooker vs Poirier and Gaethje vs McGregor need to be next

Poirier would beat Hooker pretty comfortably IMO.
Felder looked flat footed and didn't set up his boxing that well but he was still landing lots. Barboza gave Hooker fits with his speed and striking at range and Poirier has very tricky footwork and some of the best boxing in the LW division. Plus his cardio is elite (Holloway fight showed this)
Hooker showed a nice jab but his combos came slow and footwork was basic/simple. Poirier dances around people and hits from all kinds of angles.

I would like to see this fight. Hooker is definitely good and deserves his chances at the top dogs.

That looks like solid match making to me.

So we will probably get Conor Khabib, Hooker Iaquinta and Gaethje Johnson 2

Again??

I find it super unlikely Johnson will fight Gathje any time soon--he'd have to string together a few good wins first.

Have you ever heard Conor say Tony's name? No and there is a reason for that

He shook.

Didn't say he wanted to fight Tony, only that Tony would fight for the money. No it's not gone unnoticed by me very aware you can count on one hand the amount of times Conor as even said the "T" in Tony's name. Conor knows he's outmatched in pure athletics, activity, size, and unorthodox fighting & movement when it comes to Tony...

Both those fights would be great. McGregor-Gaethje has Fight of the year all over it!<Eek2.0>

Conor has a better chance of fighting Tony if he winz rather than Khabib. Khabib is deadly serious about Conor fighting contenders before getting a belt fight. Tony will fight for the money he don't care, Khabib won't fight because of principle, and Conor showed nothing near being deserving of any kind of rematch he got beat like somebody's sister after a beating like that you need to do work and come back again...
I agree but Khabib isn't Dana. If Dana tells him to fight Conor if the Tony fight falls through, he will, or he'll be stripped. Maybe be the fight won't happen but Conor fighting any contender and risking that he gets beat by Gaethje, I just don't see that happening. Conor's next fight will be for a title or soem BS-interim title at least. If this means he has to sit out a year, he will. I don't agree with it, but that's what I think will happen

I agree with Hooker v Poirier.

I suspect after the LW title fight we'll see Gaethje vs Khabib and McG vs TFerg, regardless of who wins the title fight.

I agree but Khabib isn't Dana. If Dana tells him to fight Conor if the Tony fight falls through, he will, or he'll be stripped. Maybe be the fight won't happen but Conor fighting any contender and risking that he gets beat by Gaethje, I just don't see that happening. Conor's next fight will be for a title or soem BS-interim title at least. If this means he has to sit out a year, he will. I don't agree with it, but that's what I think will happen

This ^^^ maybe the only circumstance under which Khabib "may" fight and I have a very hard time believing that Conor is that kinda guy to step in and fight Khabib on short notice. Conor is barely the type of guy to discipline himself to shadow train & diet for a just in case moment his "Stay Ready" talk died 5yrs ago...

Poirier / Conor
Gaethje / Khabib
Poirier / Gaethje
Khabib / Conor
Conor / Gaethje
These are all hypothetical scenarios that make the most sense, IMO TBH CMIIW

Come on man Dustin struggled with justin, Eddie and even max. When is the last time he had a clean win against another striker?
He finished Alvarez and Gaethje, and won a comprehensive decision against Holloway, who was on like a 13 fight streak.. really don't see how your putting a negative slant on that, all of whom are better fighers than anyone Hooker has faced.

I could very well bring up the fact notorious gatekeeper Barboza absolutely butchered Hooker, if you want to go down the route..

{<huh}

I agree but Khabib isn't Dana. If Dana tells him to fight Conor if,,the Tony fight falls through, he will, or he'll be stripped. Maybe be the fight won't happen but Conor fighting any contender and risking that he gets beat by Gaethje, I just don't see that happening. Conor's next fight will be for a title or soem BS-interim title at least. If this means he has to sit out a year, he will. I don't agree with it, but that's what I think will happen
Dana can't tell Khabib anything until loses. He's already tried and failed. The fact that this fight is happening in New York tells you who wearing the pants in this relationship.

Dana can't tell Khabib anything until loses. He's already tried and failed. The fact that this fight is happening in New York tells you who wearing the pants in this relationship.
<TrumpWrong1>
Dana and co stripped their cash cow Conor twice. What makes you think they would be even remotely hesitant to do it to Khabib?

Conor doesn't want that smoke. And I think Dustin gets the best of Hooker with relative ease.
Same way Conor didn't want smoke with Mendes because stylistic nightmare. Same way he didn't want smoke with Nate in a rematch. Also same way he would NEVER fight Khabib, never EVER.

Bring back Nate for Hooker.

<TrumpWrong1>
Dana and co stripped their cash cow Conor twice. What makes you think they would be even remotely hesitant to do it to Khabib?
Because Khabib is still fighting and defending his titles.

McGregor’s stock went back up dramatically after dispatching cowboy. No way for Gaethje to get that fight next. He needs to wait for Conor to lose to get a red panty night.

With Khabib vs Tony and Do Bronx vs FKL we got an 8 man tourney!

Reread what you responded to in the first place. The scenario was if Khabib refused to fight Conor
He's not gonna get stripped for refusing to fight Conor. He's still willing to fight deserving contenders.

Poirier has a big size disadvantage against Hooker. Technique wise he is so superior he could land very mean combos.
He has more of a length disadvantage than a size one because I could see Poirier grounding his fellow former featherweight

Back