Hooker vs Nasrat??

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
assuming they both make it how do you see this going? I think the odds makers see something i dont? Hooker should win this pretty easily right? hes not really that big of a favorite. I was watching Nasrats fights on fight pass and his last two wins are vs guys who arent very good and have no wins in the UFC. I guess maybe some people wonder how hooker recovers from the KO? Nasrat isnt bad at all but he doesnt have nearly the power chandler does. What do you guys think?

Hooker via being dirty.

assuming they both make it how do you see this going? I think the odds makers see something i dont? Hooker should win this pretty easily right? hes not really that big of a favorite. I was watching Nasrats fights on fight pass and his last two wins are vs guys who arent very good and have no wins in the UFC. I guess maybe some people wonder how hooker recovers from the KO? Nasrat isnt bad at all but he doesnt have nearly the power chandler does. What do you guys think?

Nas rat looks like Kelvin. I have not followed him much but Nasrat is very aggressive. Hooker better not get pinned downed or he may get knocked up for free.

Nick Maximov is someone I will like to see how he does. He is out of the Diaz camp and looks like a rising star.

Last edited:
Im not sure how Hooker will perform after cutting weight on a plane or something, jetlag could be a real thing too, he is on a 2 fight losing skid already, im not confident on him for this one despite his opponent.

I think there are way too many questions in this fight to get involved seriously. Oddsmakers probably have it about right with Hooker's popularity imo.

Hooker hasn't looked very good since the 3rd round against Poirier, and his training has been all fucked up. Some fighters need that steady schedule and it could be hurting him to have all the uncertainty. Plus, he just got into the country yesterday.

Haqparast just had his mother die, and IF he gets into the country it'll be with <24 hours to acclimate and make weight.

I know I'm not touching this one and I'd guess the books want to keep the action on this one to a minimum.

Im not sure how Hooker will perform after cutting weight on a plane or something, jetlag could be a real thing too, he is on a 2 fight losing skid already, im not confident on him for this one despite his opponent.
Haqparast will be arriving the same day as Hooker, if he also gets his VISA.

Level of competition & wins isnt even comparable. Both have visa issues/jetlag so that cancela out. Its a fight and anything can happen but I would think Hooker would be a bigger favorite.

Yes he lost to Chandler but he didnt have his coaches and executed a very stupid gameplan. Also let's not act like Chandler isn't the most explosive 155 puncher. Not like Haqparast did better vs Dober, the only top 25 guy he has fought.

1 year ago Hooker was up 29-28 on Poirier & Felder unquestionably. 5 more seconds in round 2 and he tko/ko Poirier. Yes he fades in the championship rounds but this is 3 rounds.

Hooker will grind him down.. at least thats what I think.

There are outside factors affecting both, so hard to gage, but those aside, I think Dan's just better. His resume isn't too spectacular, but it's still better than Nas's.

But I like this fight.

Back