Hooker: "Islam is copying Khabib and saying wild stuff, when he's been laid flat in the octagon"

Alexnotonfire

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hooker had said ahead of UFC Vegas 31 that he was interested in fighting Makhachev next but Khabib’s protégé didn’t seem to keen due to the New Zealander’s recent dip in form.

‘The Hangman’ didn’t take the comments from Makhachev too seriously.

“Oh, it’s just funny. Like, I don’t really care. I don’t really take it too seriously. So, his reason [for not fighting me is] that I’m like three losses in my last six fights. And then in the same breath he calls out Tony Ferguson who’s lost three in a row. So, that makes about as much sense as shitting in a swimming pool. So, I don’t know what he’s on about.

You see scrolling past and seeing on like build-up videos of him saying everyone’s scared, everyone’s scared to fight him, oh, the whole division’s shook. Bro, you’re just copying your mate’s homework. Give your mate’s homework back and come up with something for yourself, son.

He’s on a good streak at the moment, but I believe he’s been knocked out in the UFC before. So then him copying Khabib’s homework and saying all this wild stuff when you’ve been laid flat in the octagon, it doesn’t really have the same ring to it as an undefeated fighter."

Source: https://www.lowkickmma.com/dan-hook...t-be-compared-to-khabib-hes-been-knocked-out/

Dan-Hooker.jpg

Hooker had said ahead of UFC Vegas 31 that he was interested in fighting Makhachev next but Khabib’s protégé didn’t seem to keen due to the New Zealander’s recent dip in form.

“Oh, it’s just funny. Like, I don’t really care. I don’t really take it too seriously. So, his reason [for not fighting me is] that I’m like three losses in my last six fights. And then in the same breath he calls out Tony Ferguson who’s lost three in a row. So, that makes about as much sense as shitting in a swimming pool. So, I don’t know what he’s on about.

You see scrolling past and seeing on like build-up videos of him saying everyone’s scared, everyone’s scared to fight him, oh, the whole division’s shook. Bro, you’re just copying your mate’s homework. Give your mate’s homework back and come up with something for yourself, son.

He’s on a good streak at the moment, but I believe he’s been knocked out in the UFC before. So then him copying Khabib’s homework and saying all this wild stuff when you’ve been laid flat in the octagon, it doesn’t really have the same ring to it as an undefeated fighter."

Source: https://www.lowkickmma.com/dan-hook...t-be-compared-to-khabib-hes-been-knocked-out/

Dan-Hooker.jpg

Stupid comments by the hooker. Sounds like he has cte.

Tony part is true. Don't get the whole copying Khabib thing though. Maybe Hooker shouldn't express his confidence bc his teammate Israel already does and is better.

He definitely doesn’t have the same Aura as Khabib. However I think the whole undefeated thing is overrated.

All the goats have lost, Fedor to werdum, GSP to Hughes, Andy to Chris, Jones to USADA.

Losing a fight doesn’t make you any less good.

Whenever i see this this it looks like an early stoppage. Ref stopped it the moment he got dropped & didnt even give Islam the chance to recover which so many are able to do. Its one thing getting dropped dead but he was very well moving here .
Shit stoppage imo.

lol he was awake whole time too

he was getting up as the ref jumped on him

so weird

Dan-Hooker.jpg
Islam needs to ignore the Duckman and pretend he doesn't exist, that's the biggest insult that he can inflict on the duck. Duckman had a chance to fight Islam, now that ship has sailed and Islam has bigger fish to fry, not waste his time on a punching bag.

Calling out Tony is cowardly to be fair.
If Phoney is washed up that badly (he is), he should relinquish his fake ranking. As long as Phoney holds his overinflated ranking, he is fair game.

Back