News Hooker is going to finish Felder.

Who wins?

• Total voters
I might get hate for this but Dan Hooker is a terrible matchup for Khabib

Tony is a bad matchup for Khabib... No one at LW is a terrible matchup for him though. He is gonna have the grappling advantage over everyone, and his striking isn't great, but it is decent enough to get him in range to get TD's. Hooker would have to connect with the 1st exchange, or he will end up like Poirer was. Poirer is a good striker with above-average grappling, and he had nothing for Khabib.

Man I'm playing the fight doesn't go the distance line on this. I don't get people who would go near the over in this fight to be honest.

What do you tell a Hooker with two black eyes?

...nothing, Felder told him twice already.

Ba-dum-dum-tissh

Damn I am excited for this fight.

Predict Hooker UD, but probably giving up a round or 2. Felder is no scrub and tough as nails. Stylistically, i think Hooker matches up way better with Felder than he does Barboza. So MMAth falls over here.

Great fight, gut says Felder by decision or late tko, but Hooker by KO is never a bold prediction either.

I might get hate for this but Dan Hooker is a terrible matchup for Khabib

Tony is a bad matchup for Khabib... No one at LW is a terrible matchup for him though. He is gonna have the grappling advantage over everyone, and his striking isn't great, but it is decent enough to get him in range to get TD's. Hooker would have to connect with the 1st exchange, or he will end up like Poirer was. Poirer is a good striker with above-average grappling, and he had nothing for Khabib.

I have to agree, I don't see how Hooker has much for Khabib, even matchup wise. The grappling differential is just too great.

If anything, other than Tony, Gaethje and Kevin Lee are the toughest matchups right now, maybe Gillespie or Tsarukyan with enough time.

Hooker would be HW in Pride

If anyone finishes anyone, itll be Paul stopping Hooker. The fight , itself, is 50-50 - awesome fight. A welter couldnt take out a busted arm Felder..... Hooker could win but I dont see a finish but anything could happen. Just came on to say if theres a stoppage , itll be hellbow city on the hookster.

Damn i like Hooker a lot and get how he has a lot of fans. But i think Felder takes this one. Dude is really underrated. Has He ever been rocked?
Only real problem i see for him is Hookers reach.

If anyone finishes anyone, itll be Paul stopping Hooker. The fight , itself, is 50-50 - awesome fight. A welter couldnt take out a busted arm Felder..... Hooker could win but I dont see a finish but anything could happen. Just came on to say if theres a stoppage , itll be hellbow city on the hookster.
Serious question, has Felder ever been rocked real bad? That guy has fought some killers and took some hard shots but never went down.

Serious question, has Felder ever been rocked real bad? That guy has fought some killers and took some hard shots but never went down.
He's got a chin for sure. I still think Hooker is gonna beat the shit out of him though

He's got a chin for sure. I still think Hooker is gonna beat the shit out of him though
Fair enough. Interesting fight for sure. Maybe the image of him getting smoked by Barboza is influencing me too much here

Question is, who is the more exciting prospect to face Khabib out of the two?
Who looks like they could pose problems? Who could be an effective antiwrestler with decent cardio to win in a 5 round war with Khabib?
Paul Felder beating Khabib would be a sweet scenario. He loses fights by getting cut open but I don't see Khabib doing that.
Dan Hooker also looks like he could turn things around in the championship rounds with Khabib. Hooker is a tall rangey guy and he could catch Khabib in a nasty guillotine.
Out of the two, I'd like to see Dan Hooker get the chance. would be a rare occurence to see Dan Hooker and Israel Adesanya both holding a title in the biggest MMA organisation. Two kiwis. You just know Israel would jump in there to celebrate with him if he makes it.
Plus you have Volkanovski. Three australasian champs at the same time.

Back