Hong Hua You - TCM

KamiKazeJuku

White Belt
Reaction score
Hong Hua You or refered to as Red Flower Oil in the west.

Yea I know weird name right. This is what I'm talking about.

zheng_hong_hua_you.JPG

I have been using Thai Oil for years or less affectionately called Namman Muay Thai Boxing Liniment. And its pretty good. Roughly 31% wintergreen oil and some other ingredients. You get a nice warm feeling and everything is copacetic. It dulls the pain usually at least till I get home.(I know a MT instructor who has a liter jug he carries around)

Well after a particularly brutal day at the gym I head towards the Thai Oil and one of my students who's married to a nice chinese girl tossed me a bottle of this red stuff. "here try this"

THIS STUFF IS FIRE! and I LOVE it. I looked into it and its like 60% percent wintergreen oil, and the rest is Turpentine oil and Frankincense. And if anyone remembers Red Hots candy from childhood, It smells a lot like that. literally leg pain was gone for hours.

I have used 100% wintergreen oil in the past and I don't remember heat like this.

This is considered Traditional Chinese Medicine (or so I'm told... any of our Chinese brothers know? or have better details about this stuff?) I have checked it out on Amazon. Mine is from a company OTC which I didn't see there. Different companies may have different ingredients or proportions.

But overall I highly recommend picking up a bottle. Works great and you don't need much at all. Just make sure you wash your hand after use. Not friendly with eyes or sensitive skin. If your boys start heating up after using the bathroom, you've been warned :eek:

Last edited:
I've used White Flower Oil before, but not Red Flower Oil. I'll have to look into it!

OTC is a major Chinese medicine distributor. In not Chinese but I live in china and I use this stuff all the time. It can really help wih dep bruising, Strains and even sprains.

I like Namman Muay but this stuff is better. Want me to send you some???

I've not naman muay on my balls many a time, you gotta wash that shit off or it's torture.

I've noticed the cream version of namman muay is very strong. I wouldn't mind experimenting with this though.

I've been using naman muay for about a month now but I think I'm getting used to it. But it still kills me if I use it right after a shower. This may be something else to keep in my arsenal. Thanks

Thanks Ironwolf, I appreciate the offer. I got a pretty good supply right now but if I need some in the future I'll definitely come a knocking.
______
Hey DS, never used the Namman Cream, does it say the ingredients on the bottle?

Back