Honestly Ronda should win this easily.

Scyther

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if her confidence is where it should be but if it is she should beat Nunes fairly easily. I still have no reason to believe anyone has anything for her in this division despite the fact that she still trains with Edmond.

Nunes is a striker with meh take down defense and gasses after round 2. She has solid skills on the ground and shouldn't be dominated at the outset of the fight if she's on bottom but it's going to affect her cardio for sure. To add to that Nunes is not the smartest fighter and threw a leg kick against Miesha Tate in round 1, something like that Ronda would capitalize on and put an end to Nunes quickly.

Basically Ronda wins this if she's her normal self.

Nunes has DEADLY power, if she lands a couple it could be over in a flash regardles of mental state.

Leg kicks aren't a dumb idea, she destroyed Baszler with one and Ronda has similarly bad knees.

Nunes is much more dangerous than Holms. Next to Cyborg this is the scariest challenge for Ronda

She was her normal self when Holm defeated her .

Hard to tell where she's at nowadays.

But I agree, people are writing her off just because they want her to lose. Nunes has been far from some unbeatable machine. When you look at similar opponents, its hard to think Nunes could really beat her.

But then again, Rousey is a complete space cadet these days

There's nothing easy about this for her even if she murks her, alot of training and prep went into it either way. Also if u do some trusty mma math miesha gave ronda a 3 round fight and then nunes destroyed miesha. So therefore it is a mathematical fact this will be a challenging fight at the very least.

she should yea - if shes really focused on just training and prepping for nunes specifically, then shes rightfully a favorite

There's nothing easy about this for her even if she murks her, alot of training and prep went into it either way. Also if u do some trusty mma math miesha gave ronda a 3 round fight and then nunes destroyed miesha. So therefore it is a mathematical fact this will be a challenging fight at the very least.
rousey beat cat, who beat nunes.

rousey beat cat, who beat tate, tate beat holm, holm beat rousey

rousey beat cat, who beat nunes.
Cause Cat was a moron sprinting at Ronda with no Plan. Ronda has had a lot of luck with intimidating her past opponents. Holly was the first who wasn't intimidated and beat the Sht out of her

Nunes is much more dangerous than Holms. Next to Cyborg this is the scariest challenge for Ronda
Agreed. Ronda tends to block punches with her face and Nunes has serious punching power and a long reach. It's hard to imagine this fight going past 2 rounds as both are known quick finishers.

But Holly barley foot jabbed Ronda and she went down like Forrest the Griffin..
. <{titihmm}>

Cue a bunch of people that have never followed Nunes' career talking about her power.

Before Holly she would be bandied around as Ronda's latest victim and a can. That belt doesn't magically make up for her glaring weaknesses.

This will be one of Ronda's easiest wins.

Ronda should be the favorite. Its well deserved and makes sense. I don't think Nunes is going to be as easy as some think tho. She seems to keep improving each fight and we don't exactly know how Ronda will perform after losing her first fight.

Still I think Ronda wins tongiht, but I won't count Nunes out at all.

Cause Cat was a moron sprinting at Ronda with no Plan. Ronda has had a lot of luck with intimidating her past opponents. Holly was the first who wasn't intimidated and beat the Sht out of her
cat wasnt scared. she just got beat. didnt help she said on her own "i dont watch fight film and dont prepare for a specific opponent".

Chael said to her "im not sure thats a good idea. you should look into her and watch out for her arm bar"

This is a classic example of my heart wanting one thing and my brain telling me another. I'll leave it at that.

Cue a bunch of people that have never followed Nunes' career talking about her power.

Before Holly she would be bandied around as Ronda's latest victim and a can. That belt doesn't magically make up for her glaring weaknesses.
...I've followed her career since she killed Budd.

I don't think cardio will matter in this fight nor am I confident in Ronda having more cardio than Nunes. She's gone to the third round once and is coming off a long layoff...

Ronda wins easily in round one, Back to business as per usual...

This will be one of Ronda's easiest wins.

Incorrect sir. A lot of analysts identified Nunez as the lady to beat Rousey long before the Holm fight ever happened.

Didn't you know? Or are you more on the casual side?

Y'all are missing the biggest asset Ronda USED to have, and it ain't the arm bar. When her music hit and she came storming to the cage, more than half of her opponents were like "oh crap, this is really happening." The beating she took last year was live and for all to see. People now know she is beatable...she bleeds...and she can get knocked the hell out. The power of fear she put in her past opponents, I think, is over.

Nunes doesn't strike me as the kind of woman who get intimidated anyway. Beat, possibly. Intimidated by Ronda, not likely.

Back