Honestly, khabib vs Gaethje was too soon a date after his dad passed

He fought great and he won. How was it too soon? It was always going to be an emotional experience.

It contributes to the early retirement of Khabib's career of 29-0. Mom got emotional not wanting him to fight, because dad just passed not long ago causing khabib to make that promise

The UFC should have let him have his time at least for 7+ months before offering him a fight after his dad just passed

Thoughts?
We've been saying that for months. There was an asshat here who later got banned that said if Khabib didn't fight he was a coward and bringing shame on his father's name. He compared it to his 90 year old dad dying this year, to khabib's dad dying at 57. The guy was later banned(not sure for what). He was an idiot. He always spoke in sport cliches

It contributes to the early retirement of Khabib's career of 29-0. Mom got emotional not wanting him to fight, because dad just passed not long ago causing khabib to make that promise

The UFC should have let him have his time at least for 7+ months before offering him a fight after his dad just passed

Thoughts?
Haters would've complained about Khabib holding up the division or being scared lol

i was also shocked ufc approached him for the gaethje fight so soon when dana was on record saying they are giving him time to deal with his fathers death.

UFC didn't approach him.

Dana said Khabib called him and told him he'll be ready in October

We also know Khabib pressed on despite broken toes and mumps. I think he really didn't want to delay the fight.

Can you blame him especially with all the silly negative opinions he was getting even when he left US due to the pandemic

Thoughts?
I'm not trying to be a dick, really. But no matter how hard a loss of a relative is, all of us have to get to work within 1 or 2 weeks. I feel he took his time, but that he and his mom felt that his fighting career just isn't the same without his dad. They where a real team and I think Khabib is happy in retirement. Maybe he can retire social media next, cause he is being a religious lunatic and it taints his legacy for me

UFC didn't approach him.

Dana said Khabib called him and told him he'll be ready in October

We also know Khabib pressed on despite broken toes and mumps. I think he really didn't want to delay the fight.

Can you blame him especially with all the silly negative opinions he was getting even when he left US due to the pandemic
Khabib said he was offered the fight. Even in the post fight press conference, he said the ufc called him and his mom told him not to take it, but he took it with a caveat to retire after.

Khabib said he was offered the fight. Even in the post fight press conference, he said the ufc called him and his mom told him not to take it, but he took it with a caveat to retire after.

Definitely he was offered the fight...Gaethje was interim champ well before Abdulmanap passed away...but after his passing there wasn't any pressure on when to reschedule the fight.

Dana said in interviews that they were leaving Khabib alone to let him mourn and when Khabib is ready to fight he will let UFC know.

Literally days after one of those interviews Dana said Khabib called him and told him he's ready.

There isnt anything in the video that contradicts this, if I misunderstood where then please timestamp it.

Edit* I watched the 2nd video after posting the above and I see where you're coming from. I still think he (or Ali) called UFC first to say he's ready needs X weeks fight camp etc. Then UFC would have called back with the date, after confirming with Gaethje etc...then he talked to his mother after that call.

Khabib probably felt that if he didnt come back when he did,he wouldnt come back. If he was not ready,he would not
I'm not trying to be a dick, really. But no matter how hard a loss of a relative is, all of us have to get to work within 1 or 2 weeks. I feel he took his time, but that he and his mom felt that his fighting career just isn't the same without his dad. They where a real team and I think Khabib is happy in retirement. Maybe he can retire social media next, cause he is being a religious lunatic and it taints his legacy for me
Yes you ARE being a dick. Fighting is not a 9 to 5 job,and Abdulamanap was his COACH. If you dont feel like fighting you dont have to. The UFC themselves said he can take all the time he needs. If thats not good enough for anyone they can eat shit.

Go Edge in the war room you loser

Khabib probably felt that if he didnt come back when he did,he wouldnt come back. If he was not ready,he would not

Yes you ARE being a dick. Fighting is not a 9 to 5 job,and Abdulamanap was his COACH. If you dont feel like fighting you dont have to. The UFC themselves said he can take all the time he needs. If thats not good enough for anyone they can eat shit.

Go Edge in the war room you loser
I am not being a dick, but I have an alternate opninion. If anyone who has different opinions can eat shit, you are a very bitter person. But that's fine, it's hard to be a tolerant dude these days.

I am not being a dick, but I have an alternate opninion. If anyone who has different opinions can eat shit, you are a very bitter person. But that's fine, it's hard to be a tolerant dude these days.
Yes,apparently its too hard to be tolerant of a guy taking time off because of his father and head coach's death. Dont see too much of that here.

I don't think it's normal or healthy to have people taking MONTHS off after the death of a parent.
Yes, I feel for him.
But think about other people you know who lost their parents. The ones I know took days off. Even if they could afford to take months off. If someone would take months off, people would start to get worried and usually urge them that it's probably better for them to try getting back to work just to go back to normal.

Yes,apparently its too hard to be tolerant of a guy taking time off because of his father and head coach's death. Dont see too much of that here.
Where am I not tolerant or respectfull? Read my comment, you are acting like a baby. I stated:

no matter how hard a loss of a relative is, all of us have to get to work within 1 or 2 weeks. I feel he took his time, but that he and his mom felt that his fighting career just isn't the same without his dad. They where a real team and I think Khabib is happy in retirement

Where am I not tolerant or respectfull? Read my comment, you are acting like a baby. I stated:

no matter how hard a loss of a relative is, all of us have to get to work within 1 or 2 weeks. I feel he took his time, but that he and his mom felt that his fighting career just isn't the same without his dad. They where a real team and I think Khabib is happy in retirement

My mistake bud,read it wrong

Thoughts?
That death was truly shocking. It was a given to most that he'd recover given his good health and age. Feel sorry for khabib and do agree he needed a lot longer.
You make it sound like the UFC pestered Khabib into the fight. As far as I'm aware Khabab made the decision to return.

I seem to remember Dana being pretty clear about not troubling Khabib. Even prepared for him to retire the belt to grieve.

You make it sound like the UFC pestered Khabib into the fight. As far as I'm aware Khabab made the decision to return.

I seem to remember Dana being pretty clear about not troubling Khabib. Even prepared for him to retire the belt to grieve.

You're projecting honey. I didn't think that the UFC were pestering him. Now you have a nice bath and a cup of Coco and your period will be over before you know it.

Maybe. He'd been emotional later too though. His dad wore a lot of important hats. His close teammates and hometown mourn as well. Void. Can make it harder to escape.

IDK if he comes back. It is too difficult to guess if his father's set goal, mother's wish or own personal goals among those wishes are the decider. Khabib likely also has a lot of things to do or sort out back home, since his father did a lot of stuff and someone needs to take care of those from now on.

Last edited:
Justin's hamster had just died.

Back