Honestly, khabib vs Gaethje was too soon a date after his dad passed

Rdude92

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It contributes to the early retirement of Khabib's career of 29-0. Mom got emotional not wanting him to fight, because dad just passed not long ago causing khabib to make that promise

The UFC should have let him have his time at least for 7+ months before offering him a fight after his dad just passed

Thoughts?

That death was truly shocking. It was a given to most that he'd recover given his good health and age. Feel sorry for khabib and do agree he needed a lot longer.

Honestly, we should just leave Khabib the feck alone to so whatever the feck he wants.

I rather the early retirement than the buster Douglas effect. TBH if he's gone, I'm happy for him. If he's not gone, i'll be happy to see him once again. I like the idea of leaving with the 0.

What?

At the end of the day khabib didn't want to hold the division up.

Don't you remember him copping shit like he was a duck for not fighting through the pandemic?

He proved everyone wrong and has nothing else to prove now.

Khabib is a fighter emotions or no emotions if the hunger gnaws at him and knowing what his father really wanted for him in the world of martial arts combat, he'll find his way back even it's for specialty fights.

How many interim titles were handed out during Khabib’s reign...?
<BC1>
Great Fighter Khabib is, but consistent or active he was not
<{cruzshake}>

TS thinks he was entitled more off time....?
<KhabibBS>

Khabib will be back after he comes to terms with Abdulmanap’s passing to regain his crown, fighters who attempt to retire young alway miss the training and competition aspect, he will be back
<Goldie11>

Abdulmanap had 2 wives, it’s not about his mother or taking care of the household, Khabib just has nothing left to conquer at LW
Two wives? Isn't that illegal in Russia? First time I'm hearing this. I've always heard he's had one

There is the possibility he never would have returned at all if he had taken more time off. This is all conjecture, and pretty silly considering.

Khabib did the best thing.
He tried to grieve and handle his loss. by training and goals.
It made it easier than having too much time off to think.

He closed it down right now with no pressure of returning.

I could see if Khabib lost to use this statement as an excuse, however he won...so how was it too soon exactly?

i was also shocked ufc approached him for the gaethje fight so soon when dana was on record saying they are giving him time to deal with his fathers death.

Back