Honestly ? Jones is just getting burned out and bored

If this aint the truth, the dude just set a new record for most consecutive wins which is the toughest ufc record to break and was previously held by his idol anderson silva. What else is there for him? It's all work at this point, everything he achieves from here on out is completely self motivated and that is extremely tough in this sport, especially the way jon fights. Jon has had to go into the octagon and put in work, Silva always seemed to be having fun in there, Jon just seemed to be trying to prove himself. Well you know what Jon, you did it, you've got the best UFC record of all time and the hardest UFC record with most consecutive wins against tons of legends, the best resume in the business destroying the most competitive division ever and despite all that you're still going. Jon needs to take a real look at his life and ask himself what he wants to do at this point because he's more than just a fighter. PEDs and criminal activities aside, Jon has done it all.

I can see the way he talks to people he's trying his best not to break apart, the way he fights too, jones challenges himself every fight man usually by fighting to his opponents strengths or trying to prove some kind of point to the the hardcore fans, well you aint got nothing to prove anymore jon, you can rest my friend, go out undefeated, take the gsp route early and take big fights that you can actually see yourself getting up for every day. Reyes did great, but Jones hasn't had a legit match up since DC2 man, If I were him I'd be over this crap, it's amazing he's accomplished what he has but that's as far as it'll take him for now. Relinquish the title and just take big fights against the big dogs that come out, take like 2 years off or something, just chill jon <3

Doesn't explain why his wrestling and top control are so shitty now. Burn out doesn't make you weaker.

He went 1 for 7 against a Reyes who was completely gased. Volkan also went 1 for 7 against a fresh Reyes and Weidman I think went 1 for 1.

Gassed or not Reyes scrambled like a man mad to get back up. Not sure if Jones let him to expend energy, but it looked like Reyes did everything right to defend and get back to his feet.

Gassed or not Reyes scrambled like a man mad to get back up. Not sure if Jones let him to expend energy, but it looked like Reyes did everything right to defend and get back to his feet.

Not really he allowed Jones to get dominant wrestling positions and Jones wasn't strong enough to do much with it. Even against a gased opponent.

Curious if Jones is still deadlifting 635 lbs or whatever. Probably not.

Not really he allowed Jones to get dominant wrestling positions and Jones wasn't strong enough to do much with it. Even against a gased opponent.

Curious if Jones is still deadlifting 635 lbs or whatever. Probably not.

I was saying it was more of a technique versus strength issue. I’ve grappled dudes way stronger than me. I was better at getting underhooks and knowing when to explode. Reyes looked like he worked a lot on TDD and getting back up to his feet.

Back