Honestly, how many of you have rewatched Jones vs DC??

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by IceCold ADCC, Jan 10, 2015.

1. IceCold ADCC

IceCold ADCC Embrace the fear and do it anyways.

Truthfully, how many of you guys have taken the time to rewatch this abysmal fight? I have now rewatched it several times and I'm surprised by the amount of people who say Jones dominated this fight. Being as it is one of the most hyped fights in MMA history I think it is imperative that everyone rewatches the fight alone with all the drama and suspense eliminated. The main points I take away from this fight.

1. This was Jon Jones worst performance. I know a lot of people will point to the Gustafsson fight but to that I say: Jon nearly finished Gustafson. In this fight with DC he was never even close to stopping him or even appearing to have him hurt.

2. Rounds one, two and three were anybodys rounds with round three being the definition of a 10-10 round. I had it: 1.Jon.... 2.DC.... 3.Jon. But if it was three rounds to none going into the 4th for either fighter I wouldn't have argued.

3. Jon's corner was great. DC's corner was atrocious. I agree he was probably losing the fight going into the 5th but telling him he had to finish it was baffling. There was way too many close rounds to be telling him that.

4. I think the one thing that's really affecting people's judgement on this fight is the fact DC couldn't take Jon down and it was a bit surprising Bones took DC down but in turn he did absolutely nothing with them.

5. I don't think John ever had DC in any kind of trouble other than having him winded. I actually think DC hurt Jon more than John hurt him.

6. Rounds 4 & 5 were clearly the most dominant rounds of the fight for Jon. That being said they were the most uninteresting rounds of the fight as well as much of it was spent walling and stalling.

....All and all this was a really disappointing fight. Jones won the fight but literally has nothing to brag about and could have very well lost a decision . If anything he should have been apologizing for how it turned out.

2. Shammon

Shammon Brown Belt

We all saw the fight. Jones's nuthuggers make it seem like it was a domination when he really just outpointed Cormier via having a better gas tank.

If Jones put on that same performance against Machida or Rashad, everyone would likely be reaming him. lol.

3. georgegreece

georgegreece Banned Banned

purely a matter of stamina dc is the better skilled fighter there

4. Crytek

Crytek Blue Belt

You just confirm even more reason to believe Cain would finish what DC couldn't.

At least in my mind there's no way in hell either of these guys can beat Cain.

5. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Black Belt

Jones won round 1 decisively, don't know how anyone can argue that.

6. 2COATS

2COATS Blue Belt

The fight was dead even until rounds 4 and 5 where Jones' superior endurance took over.

7. Da Speeit

Da Speeit CANCEROUS POSTER Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    It was a close fight where Jon clearly won 2 rounds and squeaked by another 1 or arguably 2.

His fans made it seem like it was some bell-to-bell domination

8. melvinj0

melvinj0 Gold Belt

I have rewatched it, it was a little bit of a letdown. The best parts were when DC was going hard, but once Jon started to take over it got a little dull.

It was a good fight, just didn't think Jones really put on an amazing championship performance. He fought well and deserved the win, but when you look back at what guys like Silva and Fedor did to people when they were champions it doesn't really compare imo.

It's easy to say that those guys were fighting worse competition than Jones, but they were fighting the best guys at the time and looking damn good doing it.

9. Kung Fu fighter

Kung Fu fighter Yellow Belt

3. Jon's corner was great. DC's corner was atrocious. I agree he was probably losing the fight going into the 5th but telling him he had to finish it was baffling. There was way too many close rounds to be telling him that.

This point makes no sense because we know the judges scorecards and he did need a finish to win. Also while it may have been the worst Jones performance it may have been against his toughest test.

10. UJustGotChaeld

UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

I agree with most of what you said, and the overall sentiment.

DC did not do enough to win, but if he got the victory it would not be a complete robbery. I scored it 48-47 Jones.

11. FallonFoxGOAT

FallonFoxGOAT Banned Banned

How did the better skilled fighter get beat by his own skill set...?

Jones is clearly the better skilled fighter, lol @ you

12. Git rekt

Git rekt Blue Belt

Didn't need to rewatch, love DC as a person and wanted to him to win, Hate jones with a passion, But Cormier Dropped the ball in the later rounds and by the 5th i already knew it was over unless DC went OP takedown mode. Sucks but it is what it is. Fight was hype hell though. Haven't been that excited in awhile.

Hopefully DC works his way back up, love to watch him work.

13. fightdonttweet

fightdonttweet Banned Banned

No. Jones clearly one three rounds, with another round that could've gone either way. The Gustafson fight was decided by a single strike. It was way closer and relied completely on Jones rocking Gus.

14. The Swirl

The Swirl Blue Belt

I was going to, but honestly I felt no reason. Jones clearly won the fight, and it wasnt very entertaining of a fight. Maybe one day down the road, but not now

15. xn7

xn7 Red Belt

no domination at all

16. MiroHa

MiroHa Red Belt

That fight wasn't worth rewatching. It was a closely contested fight for the first three rounds and after that Jones was mostly hugging gassed DC against the fence.

17. The Taxman

The Taxman Askren P4P #1

Agreed with all of this. I don't need to rewatch it, Jones didn't dominate but he was the clear winner. If Cormier had the gas tank to fight like he did in the beginning he could have gotten the W

18. tasticles

tasticles Red Belt

Based on those crooked judges score cards I'm not surprised at all they wanted him to have a sense of urgency. 49-46? the fix was in no matter what he did. He'd have to knock him out to win and his corner knew it.

19. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

Repeatedly watching a fight you think is awful. Do MMA fans really do this?

20. SpartanKhmy

SpartanKhmy Purple Belt

Nice anal ts. Had the exact same convo with my friend. 2016 super fight Cain vs Jon to make imo...granted they take care of respective opp